Speedy Lock

KellyCoCo said:
I keep my lock on the tag at the end. I have the Damier print and heard this doesn't stretch the leather on these, as the leather has been treated unlike the monogram.

Your right no issues with the Ebene speedy my soeedy was pre-loved and came with the lock attached. And im guessing owner always left it on as well. No stretching. Although im undecided if i like the lock on/off still. Lol

Due to the stretching I put the lock on the flap but only when I am about to use it. I remember reading about the stretching & moved it to the handle but it stained the vachetta leaf...so now it's on/off with the side flap.

I have always kept the lock on my Speedy's and have never had a problem. I am careful and never lift or use the the lock to pull on while opening my bag. I feel the lock is what makes the bag!:speedy:

On the leaf tab (mine is DE though and they don't seem to have the stretching issue).

Someone posted pictures a while ago where they had put a luggage tag on the handle with the lock attached to the tag - difficult to explain and I can't find the picture now, but it looked very nice.