Speedy in mono or damier for Christmas?

I'm a bit biased as a Damier devotee - recently I was in a hotel lobby in Paris - out of 7 women standing around, 5 of them had mono speedys - I know that is not for me. Damier is equisite!

My wonderful hubby is buying me a speedy for Christmas and all along I have envisioned a mono, but now I'm considering the damier. I always thought the damier was too masculine looking. I have not seen anyone carrying a damier around where I live. I don't want my bag to "scream LV" but I want it to be known what I'm carrying and not be thought of as a fake! Is the mono way too common? Is the damier okay for jeans and casual clothes? I've read posts about the damier lining bleeding inside which concerns me and warnings about not to wear the mono out in the snow (I live in upstate NY). If anyone could give the pros and cons of each bag I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Go with Mono. I am thinking of the same bag for Xmas.

Damier. I saw a lady with it the other day, and I looked very sharp. The damier she had made to turn and look, which I don't do at all for mono speedy.

So tired, I am not making sense. I meant to say that the lady looked very sharp with the Damier, and it made me turn and look a second time, which I don't do at all for people carrying the mono speedy.

I LOVE my mono speedy...but the damier in a 25 is the cutest bag...I will def get one when they clear up the bleeding issue. Maybe go with the mono first and down the road the damier in another size? Either way it is a great bag.

i posted the same thing alittle bit ago about which bag to get....and everyone was really helpful...they told me to go into the store and try them both on and decide from there!!!

I have the Speedy in mono and I absolutely love it. It was my first LV bag and has gone everywhere with me and still looks beautiful. But I have gotten a few Damier bags and I love them also. Hmmm, I guess I'm not much help!:shrugs: