Speedy in DE higher resale than Mono?

Aug 14, 2013
Hello :smile:

I was looking around on Ebay and noticed that pre-owned/vintage Speedys in Ebene are being sold for much more than Mono. Just curious why that is? Maybe because the handles don't patina and seem to look brand-new still?

the darkening of pachetta on mono's can make them 'look' older than a DE of the same age probably. i personally like DE better :smile:

I figured that was why, too. DE looks as if it never ages! I absolutely love DE, it's a hint of masculinity (in my opinion) and looks amazing on women. I especially want a Speedy in DE. I have a 19 year old Speedy 25 in mono and she's in great shape but I am worried about the handles darkening even more. DE seems like it would be so much easier to care for and you wouldn't have to worry about patina.

I agree it's because they don't have vachetta. Even if I bought the bag new and it aged like that I wouldn't like it, but when it's made that way by someone else's skin oils it would really put me off.

I agree it's because they don't have vachetta. Even if I bought the bag new and it aged like that I wouldn't like it, but when it's made that way by someone else's skin oils it would really put me off.

I bought a vintage mono and I'd prefer if the handles weren't dark from someone else's oils but honestly I kinda find it more cool rather than gross. It reminds me that someone bought my bag 19 years ago and carried it before I did. It always makes me wonder what it's gone through. I'm too sentimental haha. :biggrin: