Speedy in DE higher resale than Mono?

alichelsealyn

Aug 14, 2013
Hello :smile:

I was looking around on Ebay and noticed that pre-owned/vintage Speedys in Ebene are being sold for much more than Mono. Just curious why that is? Maybe because the handles don't patina and seem to look brand-new still?

CornishMon

Be Blessed, MoNikki
Apr 30, 2014
Probably being a care free bag which holds it's like new appearance too.

Be Blessed MoNikki

amstevens714

Livingthecasuallife
O.G.
Oct 4, 2009
I think it's just the appearance, less visible wear - plus there are probably more mono on the market - just supply and demand

alichelsealyn

Aug 14, 2013
I think it's just the appearance, less visible wear - plus there are probably more mono on the market - just supply and demand
True, that's what I was thinking.

Thanks for your opinions ladies :smile: was just something I noticed quite a bit and was curious.

alichelsealyn

Aug 14, 2013
the darkening of pachetta on mono's can make them 'look' older than a DE of the same age probably. i personally like DE better :smile:
I figured that was why, too. DE looks as if it never ages! I absolutely love DE, it's a hint of masculinity (in my opinion) and looks amazing on women. I especially want a Speedy in DE. I have a 19 year old Speedy 25 in mono and she's in great shape but I am worried about the handles darkening even more. DE seems like it would be so much easier to care for and you wouldn't have to worry about patina.

simhiji

Oct 9, 2013
in dreams
Yes, you are right. Speedy ebene has the highest resale value, followed by Azur and with mono the lowest. But all three have their plus points :smile:

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
I agree it's because they don't have vachetta. Even if I bought the bag new and it aged like that I wouldn't like it, but when it's made that way by someone else's skin oils it would really put me off.

alichelsealyn

Aug 14, 2013
I agree it's because they don't have vachetta. Even if I bought the bag new and it aged like that I wouldn't like it, but when it's made that way by someone else's skin oils it would really put me off.
I bought a vintage mono and I'd prefer if the handles weren't dark from someone else's oils but honestly I kinda find it more cool rather than gross. It reminds me that someone bought my bag 19 years ago and carried it before I did. It always makes me wonder what it's gone through. I'm too sentimental haha. :biggrin: