Speedy Handles and perspiration!

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Well I see myself looking for the perfect azur bag to purchase next week (I have to order online so I love relying on you ladies!) I just saw the video BJTAYLOR posted and I love how it looks with the maps bandeau...

I am between a NF GM, Large Noe, and Speedy 35 in azur now.

My question is, I've owned 2 monogram speedys and always sell them because my handles get black under. I'm not sure if it's from palm sweat because I don't use lotion.

So how do you guys avoid your speedy handles getting black where the hand goes? :sad:

Also, give your opinions on my 3 options :smile: Thanks ladies!

Apr 8, 2008
SoCal Baby!
Your vachetta bags are inevitably going to patina. You could rest your bag on your arm instead of carrying it in you hands. Out of the 3 bags your are considering choose the Speedyy Azur. Good luck!

viacarolina2394

LV & Bal Obsessed
Aug 6, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Your vachetta bags are inevitably going to patina. You could rest your bag on your arm instead of carrying it in you hands. Out of the 3 bags your are considering choose the Speedyy Azur. Good luck!
I don't mind Patina, I love my montsouris, chintilly, and delightful (starting to patina now) patina. However, the look of it as if dirt is smudged on the bottom? I see many women and their speedys here and the handles are SO beautifully patina'D!

Melfontana

Feb 13, 2012
I have the speedy 30 in Azur and I usually carry it on the crook of my arm bc I only use it spring/summer and I don't have any darkening under the handles.

bagchicky

May 30, 2012
I have a speedy b mono and azur - I try not to use them in the rain - but on a hot day my hands do get hot and my mono has patina alot more - but it's all part of owning them. I like patina and it does not bother me.
I think out of your options the speedy is the best choice.

theweimsmom

Jan 10, 2013
I have to say that dirty/black handles and patina sounds like two different things. If you have dirty handles, then you can get leather cleaner to help them out every 4-6 months. My speedy handles are clean with patina but i clean them once ayear. Just my thoughts...

LVlvoe_bug

Jul 14, 2012
Midwest
My vote is for the GM NF..I l know, you seem them everywhere but I really like the bag..maybe get the NF in Azur, I don't see too many of those...I carry my speedy every day and my handles are a nice patina but I make sure I do not put on lotion or hand sanitizer when I am going to carry the bag. I have read that might make the handles get darker....