Speedy Handle Replacements

mrscurvy

O.G.
Mar 26, 2010
I have seen this question asked many times but don't remember actually seeing a direct answer.
I dropped of my Mono speedy 30 this morning to have the handles replaced the price I was given was 174.20 including tax. That is for 2 handles. If you want 2 handles plus all 4 tabs replaced the price is 300 plus tax. Mine should be back within 4-6 wks.
I also sent my Galliera so the rings could be replaced. My Galliera still had the original rings so I wanted the ones with the plastic insert.

I have seen this question asked many times but don't remember actually seeing a direct answer.
I dropped of my Mono speedy 30 this morning to have the handles replaced the price I was given was 174.20 including tax. That is for 2 handles. If you want 2 handles plus all 4 tabs replaced the price is 300 plus tax. Mine should be back within 4-6 wks.
I also sent my Galliera so the rings could be replaced. My Galliera still had the original rings so I wanted the ones with the plastic insert.

You should have the piping and pulls replaced also . I think those are both free so it will have matching patina

The piping is not free TMK, another poster recently revealed in the "saving,..vintage" clubhouse that to have all her vachetta replaced was upwards of $400....around 450 if memory serves me correctly. It looks new and hers was vintage (about 20 years old) but there was def. a cost. But it looks brand new and still much less than the going rate.

mrscurvy said:

I am curious to see how is the vachetta of ur Galliera doing? Did you ask how
much it would cost to replace the whole vachetta on the Galliera?

My piping is not dark so there was really no need. Even the SA felt it wasn't necessary. I replaced the handles because I messed them up by not taking care of them. It was my first LV and I didn't have the knowledge I have now nor did I have TPF. I will be sure to give the handles plenty of light and I'm sure in no time everything will blend itself in. I have many other LV's to use until the handles patina enuff to blend in with the piping.

Mrs Darling said:

My Vachetta is fine on the Galliera.. The black marks I just keep off with the baby wipes. No I didn't inquire about replacing the vachetta on the Galliera. If my Gal needed that I would just probably go the route of selling it. The rings however were free of charge!

jessicasimpson said:
You should have the piping and pulls replaced also . I think those are both free so it will have matching patina

No the piping nor the pulls are free.. I believe the only thing free to replace on the speedy is the zipper pull :sad:

mrscurvy said:
My Vachetta is fine on the Galliera.. The black marks I just keep off with the baby wipes. No I didn't inquire about replacing the vachetta on the Galliera. If my Gal needed that I would just probably go the route of selling it. The rings however were free of charge!

Thanks!

This was over a year ago, but I was quoted a ridiculously high price for replacing all the vachetta on my Galliera that you might as well just buy a new bag. Of course, my usual LV quotes me much higher prices than what others seem to pay.

madbag said:
This was over a year ago, but I was quoted a ridiculously high price for replacing all the vachetta on my Galliera that you might as well just buy a new bag. Of course, my usual LV quotes me much higher prices than what others seem to pay.

Too bad that it's so expensive! Thanks for the info. I better take care of my Galliera cause I really love her.