Speedy Handle Replacement Cost

peterpanlove

Dec 22, 2011
For anyone who wants to know, I went today (2/18/14) with my Speedy 35 Mono and they quoted me $140 for each handle so $280 total to replace both handles and the tabs that connect them to the bag. I also asked about replacing the zipper pull and that was free. Not too bad I think!

I have a Papillon Mono that I am in love with! I think it's a great spring/summer bag. The bag is in great condition, but I would like to have the piping and handles replaced. Is this something that Louis Vuitton will replace as well?

The lady that helped me actually talked me out of replacing my handles, she said that a lot of people came back to complain about the color difference/the handles getting dark again. I did a quick wipe/moisturize which helped a TON and now I'm really happy I didn't go through with it!

I have a Papillon Mono that I am in love with! I think it's a great spring/summer bag. The bag is in great condition, but I would like to have the piping and handles replaced. Is this something that Louis Vuitton will replace as well?

Yes they definitely can; from what I've been told they can replace vachetta no problem, it's problems with the canvas that they will not touch.

Thanks for sharing! I just purchased a denim Speedy. If the handles don't clean up well, I'll have to consider replacing them. I hate to have the difference in color though in the vachetta.