Speedy floral, yay or nay?

Reactions: Aliluvlv
It’s been several years since I owned my speedy emps and I’ve never owned a regular speedy so I would struggle to comment with any knowledge sorry. It is a fairly big bag though in terms of it sitting against the body.
I’m not too much help as it’s my first speedy, but I can see it getting supple with use! It’s structured but when using it crossbody it does seem to mould to you. I would not be folding it though!

The silk screened canvas on this speedy feels thicker to me than the standard canvas speedy, but it's probably that it's not actually thicker and is just stiffer. I agree with your SA. I don't think this will get the sag as quick/easy as a plain one. Similarly, where an organizer will bring holdable-shape to a regular speedy -- on this one is it wouldn't be needed. I've not had an empriente speedy but the structure of an epi comes to mind in terms of how it plays. Hope this helps answer. :smile:

Thank you for your advice :smile:. Even though it is so pretty, guess I need to think long and hard about this one because I don’t want to buy another closet sitter :lol:. I don’t do hand held only bags. I tried on a canvas 25B at the store this week and thought it was fine as a crossbody but I squished it down a little to look less bulky. Wished they had made it in a 20B size which works great for me. Thanks again!

Ok guys, I’m starting to have doubts about the bag! I just took it out of the box to look at and admire again and I noticed a scratch on the corner :crybaby:
I looked at the pictures I took yesterday and it’s there. I’m so annoyed, it’s perfect otherwise but I’m afraid this will just keep happening if it happens before it’s even left the warehouse!

View attachment 5582971

View attachment 5582973
Ugh, I am so sorry. I wouldn’t keep it if it was me. A brand new bag shouldn’t look like that and knowing it’s there would bother me…

Reactions: Aliluvlv and Reamie
Ugh, I am so sorry. I wouldn’t keep it if it was me. A brand new bag shouldn’t look like that and knowing it’s there would bother me…
Thank you, I agree, both bags are going back! It makes me worry that it’s not a bag for me. I’m not overly cautious with my bags so if they are coming to me new like this I would worry what life with me would do to them! The corner scuff on the second bag is bad, the print is completely gone, exposing white underneath. This is my last try with this bag so if no. 3 has issues I’m done!

Thank you, I agree, both bags are going back! It makes me worry that it’s not a bag for me. I’m not overly cautious with my bags so if they are coming to me new like this I would worry what life with me would do to them! The corner scuff on the second bag is bad, the print is completely gone, exposing white underneath. This is my last try with this bag so if no. 3 has issues I’m done!
What was wrong with the other bag? i Hope the print isn’t something that is super delicate and people are going to have problems. I hope the next bag is perfect for you, I know how frustrating this can be!

Reactions: AleeLee and Reamie
What was wrong with the other bag? i Hope the print isn’t something that is super delicate and people are going to have problems. I hope the next bag is perfect for you, I know how frustrating this can be!
The first bag was a bit off piping wise but I could handle that! There was a silver mark/scuff down one of the sides that was very obvious on one side. I now think that the underlying colour of the bag is silver, as that was the colour under a scuff at the corner of the second bag! Yes it’s concerning me, but I love this bag so I’m giving it one more go!

The first bag was a bit off piping wise but I could handle that! There was a silver mark/scuff down one of the sides that was very obvious on one side. I now think that the underlying colour of the bag is silver, as that was the colour under a scuff at the corner of the second bag! Yes it’s concerning me, but I love this bag so I’m giving it one more go!
I’m so so sorry you’ve had such trouble getting a good one! Were you able to purchase a third? I’m really hoping you finally get a great one! :hugs:

It’s a streak of silver and a few patches. I saw it immediately, but I guess that’s just me!

View attachment 5581913

View attachment 5581914

View attachment 5581917

View attachment 5581918
Want to hear something odd? After seeing yours, I was thinking hmm I wonder about mine. So I look and I have a silver streak at the same place as yours! Not to the side of the LV though, just above it. I think I'm going to forget about it, because I didn't notice it before....that's not nuts, is it?

I’m sorry that you have some issues with the Garden Speedy. :noworry: Mine arrived yesterday and it looks perfect to me. I do think that print is delicate, it’s definitely not an everyday bag, but well, it doesn’t look like one either with the gold and the flowers. It definitely is a gorgeous bag, a collectors item for sure!:love:

I wonder if the silver bags (OTG and NF) are the same delicate like the goldens :huh:
As it seems there is silver ground underneath and the gold is kind of plated on it…

My opinion is that the NF is not going to be as delicate. I have decided to keep that one and return speedy.

When I checked the corners of my speedy really carefully (following the discussion on this thread) I can see hairline scuffs/cracks on the canvas next to the piping at two corners in the bag. They are a silver/white colour. Sadly I do not think this is going to be bag that ages well and I’m not happy paying the price they cost for something I’ll be worried to use. I think that putting weight in the bag would be likely to cause further pulling/cracking at the base corners as it’s obviously susceptible to this.

I’m gutted but my NF is absolutely stunning and does not appear to have the same issues. It’s perfect and feel it has a different base to all other NF’s I own. It’s base is harder and flatter than a usual NF, if that makes sense. Almost as if it has a base shaper (that you can buy from third parties to stop base sagging) inbuilt. I suspect LV have done this on purpose to avoid cracking/peeling with use and weight. I think it will be fine and I loved it from the second I saw it, it took my breath away!

I had to chose one bag (of the two) so the decision is at least easy now.

My opinion is that the NF is not going to be as delicate. I have decided to keep that one and return speedy.

When I checked the corners of my speedy really carefully (following the discussion on this thread) I can see hairline scuffs/cracks on the canvas next to the piping at two corners in the bag. They are a silver/white colour. Sadly I do not think this is going to be bag that ages well and I’m not happy paying the price they cost for something I’ll be worried to use. I think that putting weight in the bag would be likely to cause further pulling/cracking at the base corners as it’s obviously susceptible to this.

I’m gutted but my NF is absolutely stunning and does not appear to have the same issues. It’s perfect and feel it has a different base to all other NF’s I own. It’s base is harder and flatter than a usual NF, if that makes sense. Almost as if it has a base shaper (that you can buy from third parties to stop base sagging) inbuilt. I suspect LV have done this on purpose to avoid cracking/peeling with use and weight. I think it will be fine and I loved it from the second I saw it, it took my breath away!

I had to chose one bag (of the two) so the decision is at least easy now.
Congrats on your decision! Im sure you will be happy with it and enjoy this NF for many years to come :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: Bagsbagsbaby