Speedy Emp 25 vs Montana?

Tulip2

Howdy Y'all
Oct 22, 2012
So I'm hearing such wonderful things about the Speedy B Empriente 25 that I would like to find out more.

I always thought the 25 would be too small for me. I also thought the Montana would be too small but it holds everything my larger bags do.

Does anyone have both (or have you tried both IRL) and can you tell me if they differ significantly in what they can hold?

Any information appreciated!

Last edited:
I was deciding between Montana and speedy 24 emp also and went with the speedy emp because I love the leather feel, smell, durability, and the way it lies next to the body with the shoulder and cross body strap. The Montana was too stiff for me and I didn't like the way it lies next to my body when I used it with the strap. I also don't like the fingerprint marks you can see on those types of bags. Just my preferences. Both bags could hold all my personal belongings. I am getting a base shaper for the speedy. I am also petite and both bags were a good size so as not to overwhelm. I think the speedy 25 emp is so timeless. I got the seasonal burgundy color with the nice sheen to it. I m loving the bag.

I have both and they hold the same amount. In fact the Speedy in Empreinte is a weakness of mine, I have more than one! It's my favorite bag and I too thought it would be too small for me. I have a 30 as well and don't carry it as much because of the weight.

well, you know how much i love the Montana! but ... the Empreinte Speedies zipper goes a little down the sides, not just end to end on the top like the canvas Speedies. because of this it's pretty darn easy to get things in and out of, i'd easily compare it to the Montana on this and the amount it holds.

well, you know how much i love the Montana! but ... the Empreinte Speedies zipper goes a little down the sides, not just end to end on the top like the canvas Speedies. because of this it's pretty darn easy to get things in and out of, i'd easily compare it to the Montana on this and the amount it holds.

Gotta go with sgj99 on this montana is an amazing bag, definitely in Noir Magnetique. but then again im biased so don't mind me :lolots:

I only have the Speedy Emp 25 and not the Montana (although that is a beautiful bag as well!) The 25 holds way more than you would think! I can carry a full size wallet, ZCP, TP #19, mini pouchette, sunnies, ipad mini ~ it is still not stuffed. Definitely worth checking out for yourself ~ the fact that the zip runs down both sides really helps too.:smile:

Emp Speedy 25:

DSC_1138.jpg

DSC_1137.jpg

I have the iPad Mini, mini umbrella, Pochette, Zippy wallet, iPhone, sunglasses case and keys in here and it fits well. You could still throw a few more things in (like lotion, hand sanitizer, medicine, etc.).

Thanks to you all for your information! This has really helped me. I think an Emp Speedy 25 is in my future. Now the difficult decision on color. :thinking:

that's a hard decision because all the colors are so yummy!

i went with the Havane for my 30. i wanted something neutral that will be my summer casual bag. but i love all the colors that are available.

that's a hard decision because all the colors are so yummy!

i went with the Havane for my 30. i wanted something neutral that will be my summer casual bag. but i love all the colors that are available.

I think there are some new colors coming out. Maybe I'll wait and see what they might be and go from there. I know Infini is being retired, but I'm thinking they're replacing it with Black. :biggrin:

I think there are some new colors coming out. Maybe I'll wait and see what they might be and go from there. I know Infini is being retired, but I'm thinking they're replacing it with Black. :biggrin:

really? i love the dark navy color. that's too bad. the 25 also has the Grenat and the Bronze colors that aren't available in the size 30, both of those have a metallic sheen to them - very pretty. i'd like to know how those hold up with time because when LV did metallic leather with the Suhali Lockit years ago the color started to chip off the leather with time, heat, humidity, and sun.

PM me if you ever go up on the weekend and i'll meet you, we can shop and lunch:smile: