Speedy Damier 35 for men

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
I'm looking for a Damier Ebene bag, because I could take it into the rain. (I live in Holland, it is always raining there) I have a Monogram Speedy 40, I love it, but I don't like the fact that it easily gets dirty. I really love the Speedy for stuff like shopping, so I doubt whether I will purchase a Speedy 35 because I'm a 18 year old boy.

So what do u think. Is a Speedy 35 to feminine/small for a boy?
I'm 5'9 and I'm 154 lbs.

xoxo

It would be feminine with the speedy 35 in mono but the speedy 35 in damier should be fine. The checkerboard design makes the speedy 35 seem somewhat larger than the mono version.

More important thing is what you need to carry in it, if the 35 might be too small. Your height and weight I think a 35 would look fine, if you were a lot taller or 'fat' then a 40 might look better. I see lots of guys here (Toronto) with Speedys and even the 30 size sometimes.

I do not agree that it's to small! Actually I have several speedies and the 35 is my most used one! It's extremely practical.

I am 6'0 like 184cm and even that I Iike big bags I prefer my 35 over my 40... Good look deciding. Here is a photo for reference...

DSCF2006.jpg

I think the Damier Ebene is very unisex. I think that was why I was drawn to the Verona because the pleats and shape make it look feminine. If I bought a DE Speedy 35, I would definitely add a charm or bandeau. In other words, I think you need to add something to the bag to make it look feminine at that size.