Speedy cracking

ljavu

Oct 12, 2010
My pre-loved speedy started to cracked (the actual canvas).
So this is what I did. 1. I added a little bit of "beeswax sealer" on the tiny little cracks, and now i can not see the cracks.
2. After adding the beeswax i realized how dried up the speedy felt and looked elsewhere. The only spot that looked good and new was the spot where i added the beeswax.
So, i went to a shoe store and purchased a shoe care "oiled sponge"- lightly conditions and cleans leather shoes, handbags, and accessories. Replaces oils to prevent drying and cracking.

My speedy looks very healthy now. I just wanted to share with you what worked for my speedy.

i did not take any before photos of the bag- but all i know is that the bag looks and feels softer.
The beesweek i got at the walking company- this product i originally purchased for my Danko shoes.
The "oiled sponge" i got this from bass. Since bass is the only place around here in my town that sells leather goods, and i panicked when i saw the cracks.
I will up load photos in a few of the bag- and the products.

this is what the bag looks like now- and photos of the products i used on the bag (canvas).

Attachments

• DSC03408_1688.jpg
    DSC03408_1688.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,070
  • DSC03410_1690.JPG
    DSC03410_1690.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 973
  • DSC03413_1693.JPG
    DSC03413_1693.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 880
  • DSC03414_1694.JPG
    DSC03414_1694.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 855
Beeswax is also very good for all sorts of leather items, always used it to make it look and feel new again.
I didnt know i could use beeswax on canvas though, thanks for that. :smile:

you are all welcome. Also a quick update: The cracks are still not visible on the canvas.
it's been a few days now, and my speedy still looks healthy.