Speedy cracking

ljavu

Oct 12, 2010
Ca
My pre-loved speedy started to cracked (the actual canvas).
So this is what I did. 1. I added a little bit of "beeswax sealer" on the tiny little cracks, and now i can not see the cracks.
2. After adding the beeswax i realized how dried up the speedy felt and looked elsewhere. The only spot that looked good and new was the spot where i added the beeswax.
So, i went to a shoe store and purchased a shoe care "oiled sponge"- lightly conditions and cleans leather shoes, handbags, and accessories. Replaces oils to prevent drying and cracking.

My speedy looks very healthy now. I just wanted to share with you what worked for my speedy.

taniherd

O.G.
Sep 25, 2008
Wow very interesting! Do you have any before and after pics to share? What's the name of the product that you used?

ljavu

Oct 12, 2010
Ca
i did not take any before photos of the bag- but all i know is that the bag looks and feels softer.
The beesweek i got at the walking company- this product i originally purchased for my Danko shoes.
The "oiled sponge" i got this from bass. Since bass is the only place around here in my town that sells leather goods, and i panicked when i saw the cracks.
I will up load photos in a few of the bag- and the products.

bpurse

joie de vivre
Nov 2, 2007
Thanks for sharing that info! Your speedy looks shiny and healthy now!!

ljavu

Oct 12, 2010
Ca
you are all welcome. Also a quick update: The cracks are still not visible on the canvas.
it's been a few days now, and my speedy still looks healthy.

grangerpotter

Aug 13, 2009
Europe
There are some "cracks" on my Speedy handles :sad: Would beeswax seal the "cracks" as of course the handles are leather? OP, did you also wipe the handles with beeswax or just the canvas? Thanks!