Speedy canvas is cracking near zip!!

xNadx

Apr 30, 2012
Hi everyone! I noticed today that my speedy 30 has a small split in the canvas near the zip. I have had the bag about 2 years (from new) and use it a moderate amount. I go through phases and try and use all my bags. But because it is canvas and has plastic coated handles it is a great bag to have when the weather here in England is bad (which it is a lot!!) Even with lots of use I feel it should hold up better.

Can this be fixed? Is this common? Has anyone else had this happen and if so, what did LV do?

(In between the stitching)

Attachments

• 1443048154152.jpg
    1443048154152.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 2,545
I agree, it should most definitely hold up better, even with regular use. I think it's worth taking it in to LV to discuss your options. I wouldn't this to be my bag, and it would bother me.

Hi everyone! I noticed today that my speedy 30 has a small split in the canvas near the zip. I have had the bag about 2 years (from new) and use it a moderate amount. I go through phases and try and use all my bags. But because it is canvas and has plastic coated handles it is a great bag to have when the weather here in England is bad (which it is a lot!!) Even with lots of use I feel it should hold up better.

Can this be fixed? Is this common? Has anyone else had this happen and if so, what did LV do?

Do you carry it with the zipper open or closed? I find this usually happens to bags that are carried with the zipper open constantly.

I have cracks in my monogram neverfull gm, where the stitching is that attatches the handles to the bag... But I've carried my bag every day for five years... Also, the leather trim along the top is cracking too. Any thoughts on how to fix that??

I have cracks in my monogram neverfull gm, where the stitching is that attatches the handles to the bag... But I've carried my bag every day for five years... Also, the leather trim along the top is cracking too. Any thoughts on how to fix that??
Take it to Louis Vuitton. They can replace all the leather parts on the bag. However, they do not do canvas replacements

Canvas can't be repaired but the leather trim can be replaced. Honestly, it sounds like you have enjoyed the bag for many years and it's time to get a new one!

Canvas can't be repaired but the leather trim can be replaced. Honestly, it sounds like you have enjoyed the bag for many years and it's time to get a new one!
+1, :biggrin: It might be time for an exciting new bag, maybe the Pallas shopper or Neverfull GM with a colorful interior or maybe DE? :biggrin: I love the cute little pouch too! Wish mine had one but then again I got mine at the amazing old price of around $700, so I can't really complain :P

Any update on what the boutique told you?

I just noticed the same thing on my <1 year old speedyb ):