Speedy Bandouliere or Pochette Metis?

I have both now. I was lucky enough to score a pochette Métis on the website few days ago. I love both bags for different reasons. PM is more structured and has three pockets. So you really don’t need a bag organizer Speedy is not structured so if you want to keep that barrel shape, you will need a bag organizer. Can’t go wrong with either one. I use both and love it. My fav size is 25 (speedy)

Last edited:
I have the Speedy in 25 (DE and Epi) and 30 (mono) and the Metis in mono. I reach out more for the DE Speedy because the DE print is safer for all kinds of weather. For the 25 I don't use an insert and I don't think it slouches that much whereas the 30 does indeed so if you like structure you need an organizer. Overall it's a more everyday bag design

However, I think the Metis is prettier because of it's structure and top handle and it looks dressier to me and something that you would still wear as you age - if that makes sense! I do enjoy all of them though so you can't go wrong!

Reactions: blossomette
I have both. If I have to choose, I will choose speedy B 25. Classic, can fit more and can be use as shoulder bag / sling bag or just use it without long strap. Mine is DE, so it’s a really worry free bag. :smile:

Reactions: afj and blossomette
I have the PM (reverse). The speedy B 25 can hold more, but I agree that the PM is a bit dressier. I have a friend who has a speedy b 25 and she uses it as a throw around bag :lol:

The only gripe I have with the PM is that the flap closure can sometimes gets annoying if you're in a hurry - if there isn't anything in the front pocket the clasp sometimes won't line up and the bag won't close!

Pochette Metis! The speedy looks like a gym bag on me even in the 25 size.

I have both the empreinte and monogram and love both. The empreinte is just so gorgeous and I use it casually though it could be dressed up.

I have 2 PM (reverse & marine rouge) and 4 speedy (1 classic speedy 30, 3x speedy B; 1x 30 and 2x 25) but I use my PM more. I am 5'2" so the speedy sometimes looks like a small gym bag on me and makes my outfits appear more casual, but it does fit more. Both are classics (IMO) and very cute.

I just got my first Speedy 25 B from the By the Pool Summer capsule in Pink! Absolutely fell in love with this print and color and reminded me of Hawaii :love: Mind you I had previously written off all the Speedy and Neverfulls in the mono/DE/DA patterns - needed more color ;) Super roomy and just adds pop for the summer.

I'm waiting for my PM in Turtledove Empreinte - have absolutely loved the Empreinte leather for a really long time and the clasp reminds me of the classic LV trunks. I don't have any bags in the box shape or a neutral like the Turtledove color.

I'm sure I will love and use both, but likely will use the PM more once I'm out of lockdown!

I have a SB 30 and PM. I prefer the PM. The SB holds a lot more, for sure. I have 2 Speedy 35s. I prefer them over my SB. I just never warmed up to it. The opening is annoying. I love the PM for different reasons. I don’t think you can really compare the 2 as they serve different needs but you can definitely love both equally.

Which do you prefer and why? (Any size and any print)

Ive never had a Pochette Métis but I do have a speedyb25 in DE. I love my speedy b and wear it everywhere. I love how care-free it is. Yes, there’s so much versatility to use the speedy has a shoulder bag or a crossbody because of strap. 25 looks great as a crossbody, in my opinion, I think its too small/awkward for a shoulder bag. I also love how casual it is, I feel like the PM is more dressed up. I can wear my speedy wearing my sweats and not feel weird lol,

I have a SpeedyB 25 in mono and the PM in reverse and prefer the PM by far. I don’t know what it is exactly about the SpeedyB that I don’t like. The strap I find uncomfortable, the opening is a bit small, things are hard to find. It does fit more than the PM but it’s just eh IMO.

I have had 3 Pochette Metis' bags and now have only one. I have had MANY speedys and still have 4. I want both, but if I had to choose only one, then it would be a speedy. I love the look. BUT, if my only choice would be a Speedy 25, then I'd pick the Metis. I don't like the small opening of the 25.