Speedy b25 mono ..just for summer/spring?

Jordyaddict

Feb 3, 2014
Hi All

So I brought a speedy b 25 in mono a couple of weeks ago and was thinking of using it during the winter.

It's my first monogram bag and I'm so pleased I got it. I even got it heat stamped with a J just so I knew I couldnt change my mind as I decided I wanted this print and with the vachette changing over time.

I took it out the other day and nearly died when it started to rain ( very lightly) it's still vey pale . The vachette the did get a few rain drops on it but I left it to dry and no marks was left.

I was thinking of the DE at the beginning. Now I don't know If I should get the speedy b 25 in DE for winter and have the monogram more for summer/ spring. is having two speedy b 25 too much?

I love this style of bag and have two mulberry Alexa and now my mono speedy b25.

What are people's views and do others have the speedy b25 mono for SPring/summer and DE autumn/ winter?

I think its a good idea to have a worry free winter bag in DE. I currently have 2 speedys (1 mon mono and 1 MC) you can never have enough speedys IMHO! Is there any other style in the DE that you would consider so you've got a different style in your collection? You could always treat your vachetta leather with LMB products? I'm going to treat my 2 brand new bags sometime soon.

I've used my mono Speedy 30 in winter for the last 10 years without any damage, I just make sure to treat and condition the vachetta leather frequently. There is less concern once the patina really develops but, with the prices LV is now charging, you should be able to use your purse whenever and wherever you like

Ya once the leather gets a little more patina, you can use it for winter. It might be a little less use for this winter since you probably won't want to use it when it rains. But when spring/summer comes again in a few months, your bag can get more sun and patina so you won't need to worry about it next winter. I am currently using my pre love azur speedy 25. It already has a little patina and I am not too worry about little rain. But if it does rain hard, I will use another bag instead. I think regardless of the treated leather or not, rain waters still are not good for the bag or the hardware. One of my DE speedy's zipper pull started to tarnish. I used it two times when it rained and I didn't really got any big drops on them. IMO, LV is not really weather proof.

Ya once the leather gets a little more patina, you can use it for winter. It might be a little less use for this winter since you probably won't want to use it when it rains. But when spring/summer comes again in a few months, your bag can get more sun and patina so you won't need to worry about it next winter. I am currently using my pre love azur speedy 25. It already has a little patina and I am not too worry about little rain. But if it does rain hard, I will use another bag instead. I think regardless of the treated leather or not, rain waters still are not good for the bag or the hardware. One of my DE speedy's zipper pull started to tarnish. I used it two times when it rained and I didn't really got any big drops on them. IMO, LV is not really weather proof.
It doesn't rain in winter where I live...believe me. My bag won't hit a major amount of precipitation unless I lob it into a snow pile :giggles:

I think its a good idea to have a worry free winter bag in DE. I currently have 2 speedys (1 mon mono and 1 MC) you can never have enough speedys IMHO! Is there any other style in the DE that you would consider so you've got a different style in your collection? You could always treat your vachetta leather with LMB products? I'm going to treat my 2 brand new bags sometime soon.

I have been looking at other styles but not sure any can do the same job...cross beady that fits all. Any suggestions?

For this reason I rarely use my Palermo PM!
I thought I could use it in autumn and winter, but it rains and snows here, so I can't. So in winter and autumn I wear my leather bags. And in spring/summer I use my azur bag or light blue Elegie or coloured bags as epi fuchsia.....
So I hardly find opportunities and occassion to wear my Palermo. For this reason it is the only mono bag I have.
Try some leather protection or conditioner on the vachetta to wear it also in autumn. It is a pity not to wear it if you love your mono speedy"

I have a ( Mon ) Mono Speedy B 25, and I 'm using in spring and summer.

For winter I'm using Speedy B 30 DE.

Depends what climate you live.

Maybe get a DE in 30 ?

I have a ( Mon ) Mono Speedy B 25, and I 'm using in spring and summer.

For winter I'm using Speedy B 30 DE.

Depends what climate you live.

Maybe get a DE in 30 ?

Hi Arrival, did you treat the leather on your mon mono Speedy B25? I remember your pictures of her and can recall her lovely patina.

I use my Palermo and NF all year round despite the weather. If I see any water spots, I just wipe it with a baby wipe. The patina looks great on both so far. I say enjoy your bag whenever you want and get a DE speedy too! You really can never have too much of what you love.

I live in London. I originally wanted either the mono or DE for a trip to NYC. Then decided after everyone's help on here to get the speedy b25 in mono. I'm so glad I did as its my only mono bag. Now I don't know if to get the DE speedyb25 as well or maybe the Bloomsbury pm. I'm not sure if the Bloomsbury pm will be big enough?