Speedy B25 in DE or Epi, or Pochette Metis?

sonaturallyme

May 5, 2014
So I'm in need of a new carefree crossbody and I've been trying to decide what to get for weeks. As soon as I made up my mind, I found something else I like. I've narrowed it down to a few bags but I can only get one for now and hopefully another in the spring and a third this summer for my bday.

I'm a stay at home mom and I usually travel light so I just need a small bag for my cles, mini pochette, my phone, and a few things for my toddler.

Initially I was dead set on the speedy B25 in DE, then I wanted the pochette metis in regular mono. I don't wanna deal with vachetta though and red is my favorite color, so I'm leaning towards the infrarouge. My only concern is the quality issues ppl have had. Lastly, along came the denim epi speedy B and it's gorgeous. But I wonder how it will age. The empriente metis is still on my list but I'm going to wait and see how those hold up before I take that plunge.

I've tried them on and still can't decide. My SA just sent me pics of the infrarouge. I haven't been to see it in person yet.

So, which 2 of these would you get and which would you get first?

IMG_1486254585.418102.jpg
IMG_1486254616.268147.jpg
IMG_1486254632.719147.jpg
IMG_1486254746.876802.jpg

Thanks!!

Reactions: Acctt
Among the choices, I think the DE (or any canvas) Speedy B would suit your current needs best. Maybe get that first and see if you can scale-down from Speedy to a smaller bag like the PM, if you want a more structured Epi Speedy, or if you need a bigger bag like the Empreinte Metis later. Happy shopping! :smile:

Reactions: Sonmi999
I like the DE and PM on you. I have the DE 25 and when worn crossbody it can dig in the shoulder due to the strap. If I use that crossbody I downsize what I carry. I still love that bag though, but mostly shoulder carry. Make sure you try your things in both bags to see which feels better. Have fun deciding!

I think De speedy and regular pm. The epi speedy is gorgeous but it's a bit too trendy for my taste and looks so stiff and structured. I like structured bags such as Alma, but when it comes to speedy, I think there should definitely be some give to it. As for the pochette metis, I think the regular mono is a classic and looks amazing. The black and red just looks too busy to me.

I own the pm and it's a great bag, but the flap makes it difficult to get in and out of quickly. If I was a SAHM, I would go for the speedy 25 - it would be much easier to carry what you described plus some things for a toddler...and it would be easier to get in and out of while caring for a little one.

Reactions: ccbaggirl89
Epi Speedy is gorgeous, but I agree with others it's too structured. I could see how it sticks out more in the photos compared to the more slouchy canvass Speedy. The canvass Speedy B is my top choice too.

Reactions: Sonmi999 and Pebli
PM any day of the week, it is such a flattering cross body bag plus you can keep your stuff more organized. The Speedy in Epi is great but i think that one is better held top handle.

I´d either choose the Speedy B 25 DE or the classic Pochette Metis, depending on how much stuff you want to carry with you. With the PM you are a bit more limited in what fits inside.

Reactions: Chenai