Speedy B Wear and Tear Pics

Hi Everyone,
I would love to see everyone's Speedy B wear and tear pics as I am highly interested in purchasing one! I've read many posts about the quality of LV going downhill the past few years and would love to see how your pieces have worn throughout the years. Please upload if you have any.

Thanks!

I've had my speedy B 25 since 2015 now and here are some pics if it helps. I don't baby this bag and take it to work almost every day in the rain, snow, sun. Some water spots on the handles but other than that it has held up nicely! If you would like more specific pictures just let me know and I'd be happy to post them. Lately I've been wearing the strap as a shoulder bag :smile:IMG_4950.JPGIMG_4952.JPG
IMG_4949.JPG

I've had my speedy B 25 since 2015 now and here are some pics if it helps. I don't baby this bag and take it to work almost every day in the rain, snow, sun. Some water spots on the handles but other than that it has held up nicely! If you would like more specific pictures just let me know and I'd be happy to post them. Lately I've been wearing the strap as a shoulder bag :smile:View attachment 3705993View attachment 3705994
View attachment 3705992

Your bag still looks great. Thinking about this one but a bit worried about color transfer. Beautiful though.

Your bag still looks great. Thinking about this one but a bit worried about color transfer. Beautiful though.
Thanks! Just speaking for my bag I have not had any color transfer. I wear colorful scrubs, jeans, leggings, coats and nothing has happened so far (knock on wood :wave:) I love the damier azur print all year long :smile:

My monogram Speedy B is a little over a year old now, but as you can see, it still looks pretty new. Honestly, I wish I can say that I haven't baby-ed the bag, but I can't. The truth is, I'm completely scared of and feel absolutely intimidated by raw vachetta. Since getting this bag, I've only reached for it not more than a handful of times. Mostly, I gravitate to my hardier, more weather-resistant pieces. This fear has reached a point where I feel I can't even touch the handles of my bag with my bare hands unless I'm 100% certain they're completely free from lotions, natural oils and sweat :frown: Yeah, it's utterly exhausting feeling like you simply can't enjoy your bag. In fact, my friends and family think I'm nuts for allowing a bag to have such power over me.

I believe my 'disorder' stems from being exposed to bags with perfect honey-colored patina and feeling that anything less than 'that look' isn't ideal nor desirable. I know I will just be devastated and end up selling my bag if the vachetta turns out uneven or worse still, covered in water spots and stains. That's why I try so hard to achieve that 'ideal' look, even if it means going to the extreme by not using the bag! Doesn't make any sense, does it? :panic: Lol. But I am working through this. Hopefully, it won't be long before I can stop thinking about how I can preserve the look and just enjoy the bag for what it is, flaws and all. :hbeat:

In the end, I feel unless you're fully confident and have had experience handling vachetta OR you don't mind the potential 'imperfections' that may well come with raw vachetta, I'd recommend that you stick with the more carefree alternative with treated leather: the Speedy B in Damier Ebene. IMG_2716.JPG IMG_2717.JPG

Reactions: LouisVuitton4Me
I have my speedy b25 in damier ebene print since september and used her for not more than 10x but it has some tarnishing on the hardware now. Even the rivets on the handle is getting darker. Im thinking to bring it in but im afraid they will tell me its a normal wear and tear. What should i do? pls help. TIA

How are the corners holding up on people’s bags? I have a weird obsession with corner wear lol. Speedy b is next on my list and deciding between vachetta or my world tour versions...

Reactions: coulhou89