speedy B vs artsy

Placebo

Apr 13, 2012
looks like easy decision BUT :smile: im unsure about artsy s open top, it drives me crazy if i think about public transportation and something like that. also, braided handle looks uncomfortable to me.
it would be my last purchase with this crazy price increase and only monogram bag that i will own!

I think a large deal of this decision depends on your collection right now.

I have both and they both have their plusses. What prints are you considering? & what do you own right no?

looks like easy decision BUT :smile: im unsure about artsy s open top, it drives me crazy if i think about public transportation and something like that. also, braided handle looks uncomfortable to me.
it would be my last purchase with this crazy price increase and only monogram bag that i will own!

You listed only cons about Artsy. I think you should get the Speedy B.

I would go with the artsy. But I say that because I don't like the look of the speedy B, to me it reminds me of carry on duffels. The artsy, although open at the top, folds in nicely and when on your shoulder doesn't leave much room for someone else to get it w/o you noticing.

I have heard some folks complain that the Artsy is not comfrtable to carry. Maybe it is better after it is broken in? It seems to have a lot of fans on here for a possibly un-comfy bag!

How are you really wanting to carry it? They are such different bags, in my opinion. I personally would carry both in the crook of my arm (The Speedy B with the shorter strap attached and dangling).

But if I was wanting to wear a bag as a crossbody option quickly, then the Speedy B would be what I'd grab. If I wanted to throw it on my shoulder realy quick, then the Artsy would be best.

From what I hear, the Artsy is not meant to be a shoulder bag. When I was originally trying it on in mono, it did not feel like there was enough space in the armpit area to wear as a shoulder bag. So now I know why and that makes sense.

I just ordered a DE Speedy B 35 and I am excited to add this bag to my collection. While I already have a couple speedies and will carry this Speedy B in the same way as my Speedy's most of the time, it will be nice to have the cross body option for easy travel when needed.

You will need to think about all the vachetta if you are going with the Monogram Speedy B though. I personally would prefer the Monogram Artsy over the Monogram Speedy B.