Speedy B Peeling! Exchange or new bag?

honeymomo

Jan 17, 2013
I just bought the Speedy B 30 in Damier Ebene, made in France. It hasn't even been one month yet, and my shoulder strap is starting to peel! I'm so heartbroken because I really love this bag! I'm really worried now that even if I get it replaced I may encounter this problem again.. And with quality issues, who knows if it'll be on my handles next time. So, the question is, should I get this bag replaced or should I get another style? The speedy is such an iconic piece and I really do want it, but let me know what you guys think. The other bag I will get if I don't get this will be the Metis hobo. Thank you!!

cherrycookies

Nov 21, 2012
Replace it. I bought mine recently too, last dec but it has carried loads & no problems & still look brand new. I read about their never full de handles peeling but rarely for speedys cos the handles are much thicker.

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
I just bought the Speedy B 30 in Damier Ebene, made in France. It hasn't even been one month yet, and my shoulder strap is starting to peel! I'm so heartbroken because I really love this bag! I'm really worried now that even if I get it replaced I may encounter this problem again.. And with quality issues, who knows if it'll be on my handles next time. So, the question is, should I get this bag replaced or should I get another style? The speedy is such an iconic piece and I really do want it, but let me know what you guys think. The other bag I will get if I don't get this will be the Metis hobo. Thank you!!
Can you please post a picture? :smile:

boyoverboard

Obsessed and in LoVe
O.G.
Feb 9, 2010
United Kingdom
Agreed - have them give you a new strap. I've had no issues with my Ebene Keepall handles or strap. The peeling/cracking issues are definitely most associated with the Neverfull. Yours is probably just defective. Good luck!

luvluv

Sep 28, 2007
Texas
I'm having problems with mine as well and just purchased it a week ago. I was wondering if the handles feeling rough immediately after use was normal? It is annoying me but I purchased the bag 5.5 hours away and not sure about returning. TIA

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
I'm having problems with mine as well and just purchased it a week ago. I was wondering if the handles feeling rough immediately after use was normal? It is annoying me but I purchased the bag 5.5 hours away and not sure about returning. TIA
Are you having problems with the strap and handles?