Speedy B issues

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I know I saw a thread on this but I couldn't comment on it because it was too old.

I have the Speedy B 35 in the mono. I purchased the bag in February this year. I love the functionality and design of the bag. Yeah the canvas seems more thinner than the original speedy . I'm not sure if it's because of the crossbody option. Anyway, I am having problems with wrinkling on the leather. I've been using it everyday since and it's starting to patina. (It's been here sunny everyday). One of the side straps are wrinkled and the other is starting to . As well as my shoulder straps, I'm just wondering if this is normal? I've only had it for 2 months, I thought that wouldn't happen for a while. I don't wear it crossbody and I never carry it using the handles. This is only my 2nd LV bag so I don't have much to compare it to. My Artsy never gave me any problems! ( Besides the handle in the beginning)

Anyone have these issues or anything similar??

2. Can you show some pictures? So I can compare to mine for you.
    I do have Speedy B same your size your 35!
    I will take pictures mine later and how funny I had it since February to!

3. Thanks for the response. I am new to this. Trying out a new way of uploading my photos. file:///C:/Users/Celendro/Desktop/3.jpgHope this works 1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4. In the top pic. You'll see what I did when using the LMB kit. I don't know what I did wrong but the light brown line running down the yellow stitches are faded.:nogood: I wasn't heavy handed. I guess I just have bad luck. The second pic is of the shoulder straps. The last one is on one of the leather side strips.

5. 4.jpg

6. What do the handles look like? I don't have any monogram canvas purses (just wallets) but would be curious if this is a normal process as it starts the patina process?? Curious to see what others post.

7. I wonder if it has something to do with LMB.

8. +1

They caution against treating the vachetta with anything.

I've had the Speedy B 35 in mono since the fall of 2012, have been using it a lot and there are no wrinkles or lines like that on the vachetta.

9. There are many people that have complained of this regarding the speedy b. id just take it to the store and see what they say. It shouldn't be anything to worry about though IMO, leather will soften and age over time as you know, so I guess some wrinkles and some doesn't!

10. Hi, the strap on my totally pm looks kinda like this (from the day I bought it, I think) and i dont carry much. Never bothered me though and it still looks great till this day after 2 yrs. Hope this helps although this is a diff style.

11. Yeah. I'm hoping the patina will camouflage the wrinkles a bit! ☺

12. Here is a pic of my handles. I did use the LMB kit on them but I was super careful. So far so good.

5.jpg

13. Two Year Update:
    The wrinkles on my speedy B haven't got any worse, I noticed it isn't as noticeable because of the patina. I have also been using the cadillac condtioner on my bag and it's worked beautifully! One step process instead of the two to three steps with the lmb kit. Another plus with using the Cadillac condtioner is that it brings back the beautiful shine to my vachetta, without even having to polish it. My sa at Chanel recommended for me to use this on my Chanel handbags (lambskin and caviar), I've been using this product for over a year and I'm so happy I've been introduced to this.

BeGoldStayGold likes this.
  14. Hi- is this the product u used?
    IMG_1471839985.906527.jpg

15. Yes this is the exact one I use.