Speedy B in Mon Mono, To be or not to be?!?!?

luckyseven01

Nov 26, 2012
Hello All,

Over the past month or so, I have noticed posts in the clubhouses and reference threads about the fact that speedy b's will be offered in mon mono sometime "soon." I was delighted to hear about this because I was just about to purchase a mon mono speedy and felt that the speedy b would be even better for my needs. I called my SA and told her that I wanted to hold off on the mon mono until the speedy b is here. She said that she had heard about it too, but did not know release date.

Bad news to report. I started obsessing over my future purchase of a mon mono speedy b today and decided to call 866 about release date. The person I spoke with said that there IS NOT an upcoming release of speedy b with the mon mono service. He placed me on hold and asked all of his colleagues and a supervisor and they all confirmed that the only speedy b coming up is the damier azur version. No painting service is being offered. I told him that my SA had heard that there was and he said that his department's product knowledge is superior to that of SAs in stores because he is corporate and knows what is available as to all stores.

For what is it is worth, I have heard of 866 being wrong before, but the more I challenged him, the stronger his statements became about the fact that there is nothing new upcoming for mon mono.

I texted my SA after this interchange and she admitted that she had only "heard" about it from one of her colleagues. She said that I should trust the information from 866.

So, I am pretty sad. :sad:! I know a number of us were going to wait for the speedy b.

For those who have heard about the speedy b and the addition of DE patterns to mon mono, will you please share how you got that information and ask your SA if they are sure it is forthcoming?? I dont want to settle for the regular speedy and then watch the speedy b's roll in a month later.

Could 866 be wrong on this? Help! TIA!

I wouldn't doubt 866 too much. I called them today about a repair and they were so kind. He even said he'll inquire more and call me back--which he did. I asked if I need to go in store and he said 866 is client services and ppl in store sometimes call them if they are unsure about something. Unless your SA has huge connections with the head honchos at LV, I'd take 866's word for it.

Shout out to Louis at 866! (Yes, his name was Louis! It was so fun to hear "thank you for calling Louis Vuitton this is Louis how may I help you" hehehe)

P.S. My question was general and not specific to an issue on my bag...I'm sure those are evaluated in store

I would value the 866 information over the SA. I'm sure they get plenty of random inquiries and they need to have the correct information to dish out to customers.

Interestingly, someone messaged me and said that it is in the computer in the manila store (phillipines). Has anyone else in Asia or any other country heard about this? If so, maybe it is just not avail here yet.

So confused...

I've had terrible luck with 1866. They never have any information for me--even basic things that they should know, they seem to have trouble with!

The best help I get is when I call the direct store number--it transfers me to somewhere else (not the 1866), and they know everything and give me advanced info on what's coming out, etc... When I asked him to check if they had a handbag at my store (the one I called), he said "I'll see if they have it downstairs...." so I know he wasn't from 1866, though I don't think he was an actual boutique employee either. I asked if he was in the store and he said no, but the phone number transfers to him when the store is busy or closed. He also knew the SA names, and called them to have a handbag put on hold for me while I stayed on the line.

All I know is that I'll never call 1866 again, and will rely more on calling my boutique number. Best customer service ever. I don't trust anything that comes from 1866.

866 will only give info that has been made official and ready for release to public.

Your SA on the other hand, depending on how close u are to her may disclose info or news that are not meant for public. It could be an internal circulation and subjected to changes and she thought you are close enough to share with u.

Please dun be offended. I appreciate the "extra" info that my sa provides but I dun take that info and check with another store or 866, I may get her into trouble and kill that channel of "extra" info for myself.

866 will only give info that has been made official and ready for release to public.

Your SA on the other hand, depending on how close u are to her may disclose info or news that are not meant for public. It could be an internal circulation and subjected to changes and she thought you are close enough to share with u.

Please dun be offended. I appreciate the "extra" info that my sa provides but I dun take that info and check with another store or 866, I may get her into trouble and kill that channel of "extra" info for myself.
I agree. When I first got on TPF and heard about prices increases I called the 866 number and they said they received lots of calls but there was no increase. I ignored them and went ahead and got my bag and the VERY NEXT DAY the prices went up. So I agree that 866 is only going to give publicly available information, whereas the SA might get "secrets" that they disclose to be helpful to their customers.

So, I just saw on Instagram a person who posted a pic of a speedy b in mon mono with a pink interior that she said LV had sent her. Now, I'm pretty good at spotting fakes and the bag looked legit. I asked where she got this from and when it was going to be officially released, but I haven't heard back. Just wanted to give you guys some info. I really want this bag for my birthday!

So, I just saw on Instagram a person who posted a pic of a speedy b in mon mono with a pink interior that she said LV had sent her. Now, I'm pretty good at spotting fakes and the bag looked legit. I asked where she got this from and when it was going to be officially released, but I haven't heard back. Just wanted to give you guys some info. I really want this bag for my birthday!

And by the way, I did reply back to you on Instagram a couple minutes after you asked about it. Besides the picture and the fact that it was released last monday - I don't have any other info. :smile: