Speedy B dilemma

Jan 16, 2009
i have a birthday coming up, and i have to put in the request with my husband soon,:graucho: but, i'm torn!

i have been watching these youtube videos and the speedy b 25 looks so cute and compact. but i feel that it might look really small on me (i'm 5'7"). but the speedy 30 looks big and i don't want the 'sag' look.

additionally, i have been dying to own a bag in the damier azur, but if this is going to be my absolute daily bag, is DA the right choice? or should i stick to DE?

please opine, could use all the help! thanks!

I have the Speedy B 30 in DE and I love it. It's not too big for me and I don't mind the slight sag. I had a base in it but, in my opinion, it doesn't look good when I have it cross body. That being said, if you carry a lot of items with you, I would go with the 30. If not, the 25 would probably meet your needs and it is a little bit cuter.

As for the print, I have DA pieces and I do tend to worry about getting them dirty more than my DE pieces, the canvas material itself is already really durable. However, if you plan on hand carrying and handling the handle portion a lot, I would go for the DE. I have seen some pretty dirty looking vachetta handles on *bay.

I had (technically still have) a mono Speedy B 30. It was nothing but love at first, but after a while the sag started bothering me, even with a base shaper so I am in the midst of selling mine right now (she's at a local consignment shop). The B 30 is big enough to where it will sag the way a duffel bag does and if you already know right now that you don't want the sag, you probably won't like it down the line like me. She's been out of my hands for almost two weeks now and I actually don't miss her.

As for "absolute daily bag", I personally would not choose DA for such use, but that's just because for some reason I'm extra clumsy when I'm wearing something white. For absolute daily bag I would go with DE or mono.

I just bought the Mono speedy B35 and I was torn between the 30 and the 35. I tend to carry large bags and some of the things I found was a well structured purse organizer changes the shape and I like it. The 30 had a smaller opening then the 35 which had a double zipper and made getting in and out of the bag so much more easier. The 35 is a large bag but it really serves a lot of purposes for me. I'm 5'5" and I think is looks great. In fact I like it so much that I'm selling my Delightful MM and buying another 35 in Ebene. So long story short. I would go with the 30. I would rather have room then stuffing it to the brim.

I have 1 speedy 25 and many speedy 30 and in the process of getting the speedy b 35. 25 is way too small. its like my daughters purse. 30 is just right as handheld. for shoulder carry/cross body,I am picking the 35 cause unlike you, I like the sag. to each his own. I think 25 will be ok for you if you don't like the sag. oh and yeah I remember Ihave one other 25, the speedy emp. I like it!

I have the Speedy B 30 in DE and I love it. It's not too big for me and I don't mind the slight sag. I had a base in it but, in my opinion, it doesn't look good when I have it cross body. That being said, if you carry a lot of items with you, I would go with the 30. If not, the 25 would probably meet your needs and it is a little bit cuter.

As for the print, I have DA pieces and I do tend to worry about getting them dirty more than my DE pieces, the canvas material itself is already really durable. However, if you plan on hand carrying and handling the handle portion a lot, I would go for the DE. I have seen some pretty dirty looking vachetta handles on *bay.
thats a great point - i hadn't even thought about the handle getting dirty, was just thinking of the canvas. hm, so tough!

I had (technically still have) a mono Speedy B 30. It was nothing but love at first, but after a while the sag started bothering me, even with a base shaper so I am in the midst of selling mine right now (she's at a local consignment shop). The B 30 is big enough to where it will sag the way a duffel bag does and if you already know right now that you don't want the sag, you probably won't like it down the line like me. She's been out of my hands for almost two weeks now and I actually don't miss her.

As for "absolute daily bag", I personally would not choose DA for such use, but that's just because for some reason I'm extra clumsy when I'm wearing something white. For absolute daily bag I would go with DE or mono.
thank you, super helpful. such a tough decision. i just went to dinner with a friend who has the 30, and i was looking at her bag the whole time! :shame:

I just bought the Mono speedy B35 and I was torn between the 30 and the 35. I tend to carry large bags and some of the things I found was a well structured purse organizer changes the shape and I like it. The 30 had a smaller opening then the 35 which had a double zipper and made getting in and out of the bag so much more easier. The 35 is a large bag but it really serves a lot of purposes for me. I'm 5'5" and I think is looks great. In fact I like it so much that I'm selling my Delightful MM and buying another 35 in Ebene. So long story short. I would go with the 30. I would rather have room then stuffing it to the brim.
super helpful, thanks! going to go try on the 30.

I have both the speedy b 30 mono and speedy b 35 DE.
For everyday, I would suggest speedy b 30 in DE based on your height. I have seen a lot of speedys worn around my neighborhood by women and men in all shapes and sizes, the 25 would be great for dinner and maybe weekend brunch, its too small for everyday. You can always fix the sag with a base shaper. I use my mini ipad on my 30 and regular plastic one from ebay for my 35.
I love my speedy b 30 for weekends and shopping, while the 35 mostly for travel and bad weather.

thank you, super helpful. such a tough decision. i just went to dinner with a friend who has the 30, and i was looking at her bag the whole time! :shame:

The classic Speedy 30 doesn't have the duffel bag-like sag the way the B30 does so maybe you should look into that instead and just add a base shaper, unless you are looking specifically for a versatile bag that can be worn shoulder/crossbody since you want it to be your daily.