Speedy - B DE owners- I need your honest opinions

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Now that the new Speedy DE with the shoulder strap is out and many of you are rocking the bag, is the bag worth 1135.00?
    I like the options that this bag offers, I also like the worry free canvas but is it really worth the money.* Below are a few things I’m wondering about.
    Is the canvas thinner or the same as the mono speedy canvas?
    Does the bag feel heavy when it’s being used as a cross body style bag?
    Is the shoulder strap comfortable?
    Have you had any concerns with color transfer (is the red interior transferring to your other items in your bag)?
    Any cracks or peeling of the handles or shoulder strap?
    Is the piping holding up?
    Last but not least, how do you feel about the cloth tag?
    And how happy are you with your purchase, any regrets?

Many thanks to everyone

2. Very happy with it - I use it with shoulder strap. Canvas felt the same, very lightweight (I carry a lot, so weight is important and I can tell the difference between speedy and others), strap is comfortable, no quality issues to-date. It is my most used bag nowadays, love it!

3. i am soooooooooooooooo in love with it! So far mine has not had any issues, but it is also about a week old for me! BUY IT!!!!

4. Loooooove it! Can't go back to having no strap.

5. Thank you :smile:

Any more feedback or comments Speedy B DE lovers?

6. I LVoe this bag and I think it's definitely worth the price! I don't use it as a cross body because I prefer to use it over the shoulder or carry it without the strap for a more classy look. The strap is comfy. I haven't had any issues with my bag, no color transfer, cracks or peeling. No gaps on the zipper, so I would say overall I LVoe my bag! The red inside just did it for me, such a gorgeous look. Did I mention that I LVoe my bag? lol Hope this helps! :biggrin:

7. I returned mine about 3 weeks ago for many issues. I loved the bag and the style but could not overlook the issues for that much money. If you like it, go for it!

8. I've had mine for about a month and I love it! I planned on buying a Speedy DE but am so happy that I paid extra for the Speedy B. I love to carry it on my arm but I have used the long strap A LOT and it's nice having multiple options.

I can't compare the DE to a mono Speedy but I do have a Delightful and I think the Speedy B is actually thicker canvas than my Delightful.

I have had no color transfer from the lining and I even have a beige purse organizer inside and nothing has rubbed off. I've had no peeling or cracking on the handles. The piping is perfect and the long strap is comfortable and stays on my shoulder without slipping off.

The cloth tag...I couldn't care less. My Delightful is MIF and this Speedy is MIU with a cloth tag. I think that people have a hard time with change and in a year or two the cloth tag will not be an issue. It's just a tag.

Good luck deciding!! But I think you will be very happy with it!!

9. Now that the new Speedy DE with the shoulder strap is out and many of you are rocking the bag, is the bag worth 1135.00?
    Yes! IMO.

Is the canvas thinner or the same as the mono speedy canvas?
    Not sure, don't have a mono speedy. Seems to be the same thickness as my totally pm
    Does the bag feel heavy when it’s being used as a cross body style bag?
    Don't use it as a cross body, just shoulder.
    Is the shoulder strap comfortable?
    I think so, LOVE having the option!
    Have you had any concerns with color transfer (is the red interior transferring to your other items in your bag)?
    Nope! I am now using an organizer but I didn't notice any transfer prior to using it.
    Any cracks or peeling of the handles or shoulder strap?
    Not as of yet, but I just started using her 100% of the time. Hoping she'll hold up.
    Is the piping holding up?
    Good as new....knock on wood. I actually bump and bag it into stuff all the time. I also set her on the floor occasionally (gasp I know!) :graucho:
    Last but not least, how do you feel about the cloth tag?
    Could care less, you have to seriously be tilting the bag and looking inside to see it. The red tag totally matches the lining and you are not going to see it unless you are specifically looking for it.
    And how happy are you with your purchase, any regrets?
    Nope, glad I have it for the fall/winter months with all the rain.

10. I took mine back after 2 weeks, just cause its over 1k, I expect the canvas to last longer. I do love the bag and how its hands free and rain proof. I really don't care about the cloth tag, and its not hanging outside of the bag. Nobody will ever see it. But then the cracking starts to happen. At that time, I know its time to take it back to the store. I end up putting more money and exchange for a sofia coppola bag. But I am happier, because it doesn't have any issues at all.

11. Thanx for asking all these awesome questions! I am trying yo decide on this bag as well. :smile:.

12. No problem :smile:

13. Is the canvas cracking on these bags common? I haven't bought one but I have been seriously looking into it and I don't want cracking issues to have to deal with.

14. I have a mono speedy b 30 and regular azur speedy 30. I absolutely love the speedy b. I carry it with the strap shorter with the extra piece of strap in a ziplock bag in my purse. The short strap option is perfect for throwing the bag over your shoulder. But this weekend I was at a festival and was helping with my cousin's baby and I just got the extra piece of strap out and made the bag cross body. The speedy b is by far my FAVORITE bag ever. After the first of the year, I'm going to start saving for DE speedy b!

15. I have a question about the bag.....do all the Speedy B bags come with a cloth tag, or do they have some with the stamp on it instead ??? Thanks !!