Speedy B 35 in DE

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. 40% off dresses, jumpsuits and sandals at Nordstrom. Sale ends Thursday at 9am EST. Click or tap to shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello my lovely Purse-A-Holics!

You've all been ever-so-helpful with my previous purchases and I was hoping you'd be willing to chip in your two cents worth again!

I'm considering getting a Speedy B 35 in DE.

Quick facts: 30, 6 ft tall. Plus size, MD (Hospital-based paediatrics), travel frequently, would like zipped bags that can hold my purse, iPad mini, a book or two, a large water bottle, medical paraphernalia, scrubs, a pouch.

Think all that would fit into it? :smile:

I have a Neverfull MM and whilst it fit a lot, the shoulder straps were icky and I don't like how everyone can peek into it. As there isn't a zip, things would often get wet.

Oh and if you're 6ft tall and are kind enough to share some modelling shots, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks a million!

2. Well, I don't have a Speedy 35, but I do have a 30. I love it! I am also a doctor. I carry several journals and pocket textbooks with me. Although I enjoy using the Speedy a lot ( especially for travel), it is not the best option when I want to carry lots of things. I think a Longchamp tote will be excellent for what you need. Hope someone with a 35 could help you more ...

3. I have a 35 and it's actually very big. You can definitely fit everything in there. I feel that it's too big for everyday use and looks more like a travel bag. I bought the 25 after and I am really happy with this size, but I am having a hard time letting go of my 35. I think it would look good on your frame and as a carry-on. Keep in mind that it is a bottomless pit and you may need a purse organizer to use with it.

4. Well I am not a doctor (scared of blood and guts as well as not being smart enough for it), but I am a current university student and I occasionally use my Speedy 35B for classes and such and I find that it fits a ton! I am able to fit my 13' Retina MBP, an A4 notebook as well as a smaller A5 notebook, the smaller sized VOSS water bottle, as well as a Pochette with my personal items in there (lip balm, hand cream, hand sanitiser, etc.) and another Pochette for tech items (cables, charger, hard drive, etc.), a small pencil case as well as my wallet and keys. Although its pretty heavy, but I can still fit more stuff in there if I organise everything neatly. I am sure you would be able to fit all the things you need with the Speedy 35B. Best to take all the things you need with you to a boutique if you are close to one and place everything inside. Best of luck in deciding!

ps. I have the old model Speedy B (not sure if anything that drastic has changed in dimensions, etc.).

5. Hello! Im also a doctor and had a B30 at one time (I gave it up because the long strap cut into my shoulder when full).
    Yes, all that would fit in a 35...I was able to pack as much into a 30....and by gadgets I carried a handheld infrared thermometer, an otoscope/ophthalmoscope, Reflex hammer, portable pulse oximeter, a couple of handy med notes + everything else you mentioned (hand sanitizer, tablet, Emilie wallet, cardigan, makeup pouch).

6. Wow! I might be adding a 35 to my collection! I love the Speedy shape. But of course, with a strap. I think I'll be ising it as a carry on bag.
    P.S. I'm having trouble using this new PF. :sad: I tried to reply to you, and then it didn't let me write what I had to say. The only way I could write this was through editing.

7. I have to say....I have had all 3 sizes of the speedy's and my favorite is my 35. In fact, I never thought I would want the 35 and I just ordered it in the monogram as well. Now I have a speedy b 25 in mono, a speedy b 35 in DE, and now a speedy b 35 in mono. I sold my 30 classic. I just love the opening on the 35. Once I got use to the size of the 35, there is no going back to a 30 for me. Plus I like the slouch as well. Once the canvas relaxed, it is one of my most used bags. I'm also on the petite side

Namwan- likes this.
  8. I personally believe the 35 is too big. I have the DE 25b and I'm 5"9. I would personally go for the 30 :smile:

9. It sounds like the 35 could work quite well for you! I would suggest checking out some You Tube videos to see what people can fit into that bag.

10. i have a 35 and love it, but then again i adore bigger bags. i have a mono speedy 25 and it's way too small for me. when i tried the speedy b in the 30 vs 35 i just knew i wanted something that could carry all my stuff. it's my workhorse and i adore it. i say you try both of them on and see what you think looks/feels better.
    for reference, i'm 5ft6. ;)