Speedy B 35 and Greenwich - similar?

erevex552

Apr 15, 2013
Hello tpf! I'm contemplating between two items both DE crossbody, the speedy B 35 or greenwich. Do you think they look too similar To have both? I couldn't find enough info on the new model greenwich just released in 2014. After reading the details on the Lv site the measurements are almost the same with the greenwich is just a bit higher. There are also more pockets in the greenwich, shoulder carry by handles and you can wing out the sides(!) I'm a huge fan of the celine phantom but haven't but the bullet lol.

These extra options on the greenwich warrant the higher price point for me however I don't now if I should have both. I do love the classic look of the speedy and how carefree it is. My only other is a mono 25.
Should I sell my speedy b 35? She's MIF by the way. Would love more photos and feedback on the new greenwich. Please help! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1399546479.969015.jpg

Someone did a reveal with a few pictures when it first came out.
I haven't seen the Greenwich irl, but I do love it from pictures. I don't think they're too similar to have both, if you use the speedy b often.

I have the Greenwich and it's a great bag. I don't have a Speedy 35, but have Speedy 30's in mono and Empreinte. I don't think the bags are that similar. I didn't have a bag in the DE, and the Greenwich is what finally made my decision to get bag in that pattern. I was scared off of the reports of the cracking issues with the leather trim on the 30/35's. The trim on the Greenwich is a different leather and hopefully won't have that problem.

Having said that, I have noticed one "issue" with the Greenwich if you can call it that. The bag is open at both ends. I was getting ready to take it on a trip to Seattle thinking I wanted a carefree bag. I did get worried that if it was a downpour of rain, it could leak into the open sides. I ended up taking my Empreinte in Infini and that was a great choice for me. The only other consideration with the Greenwich is that the zipper is hard to close if you are using one hand. I pretty much have to put everything down and use two hands. It is a really beautiful and well made bag, so I am glad I have it!

I don't know how helpful this was, but just wanted to give you some points to consider!

Someone did a reveal with a few pictures when it first came out.
I haven't seen the Greenwich irl, but I do love it from pictures. I don't think they're too similar to have both, if you use the speedy b often.

Thanks! Yes speedy would be my run around bag and I wanted something with a different twist I like the variable options to wear with the greenwich. Ugh such a hard decision!

Also considering the Belmont and looking for info in that too:smile:

That's a tough decision. All I can say is that for me the Speedy B is just a great everyday bag to keep in your collection, while the Greenwich is a beautiful bag that I would love to have as well. It looks sophisticated and rich.

I would keep your Speedy b and go with a different style for a second bag. The Greenwich is a beautiful bag, but it looks so similar to the Speedy b and it seems like it it is less practical with the open sides. GLD!

Thanks all! Id love to know if shoulder carry by the handles is possible and the wear of the leather parts. I'm also considering the Belmont but like the style of the greenwich.