Speedy b 30 vs speedy b 25

Ashker

Jun 23, 2016
ok so I'm not sure which one to chose. I've had the speedy 30 but sold it because I need the strap and I didn't feel comfortable carrying it top handle. Since then I do not carry as much.
I carry a:
Mini pochette
Key cles
Ray bans
Water bottle
Pepper spray
Saint Laurent fragments card holder
Eye glassses
Michael kors key holder
Right now the bags I have are the Gucci soho disco, never full mm, and the Michael kors Selma satchel. I'm not sure if I want the speedy b in the 25 or 30. I'm about 5'5 and 135 pounds. Here's a pic of me with the speedy 30.

Attachments

• IMG_6979.jpg
    IMG_6979.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 21,911
Reactions: Pinksweater
Here's my feelings. I like the Classic 30 hand held or short shoulder strap for a 30B. I like the 25B cross body and long strap. I think the 30B can be pulled off cross body if you need to be hands free at some point while out but I think if your primary function is cross body the 25B is better. Unless you really need the space.

I think that if you imagine carrying the bag as a hand held/crook of the arm bag with occasional use of the shoulder strap - 30 is a good option, and if you're looking for a crossbody bag - 25 is great for that. I think 30 looks good on your on the crook of your arm, but it might be too big crossbody. The 25 should hold all of your items with room to spare (I carry a lot more in mine!).

Reactions: Ashker and NurseAnn
I'm going to be the odd one out but the 30 looks slightly too large on you whereas the 25 might be your Goldilocks size, either top handle or worn as a cross body. The Speedy is deceptively roomy so even the 25, despite its more narrow opening, would be able to hold all of your daily essentials and maybe some more depending on how you pack or if you choose an interior organizer.

I think that if you imagine carrying the bag as a hand held/crook of the arm bag with occasional use of the shoulder strap - 30 is a good option, and if you're looking for a crossbody bag - 25 is great for that. I think 30 looks good on your on the crook of your arm, but it might be too big crossbody. The 25 should hold all of your items with room to spare (I carry a lot more in mine!).
My thoughts exactly. 30 starts getting into the too-big-for-crossbody Territory. Fine for occasional use as that but if you want it to be mostly crossbody, then go for 25!

ok so I'm not sure which one to chose. I've had the speedy 30 but sold it because I need the strap and I didn't feel comfortable carrying it top handle. Since then I do not carry as much.
I carry a:
Mini pochette
Key cles
Ray bans
Water bottle
Pepper spray
Saint Laurent fragments card holder
Eye glassses
Michael kors key holder
Right now the bags I have are the Gucci soho disco, never full mm, and the Michael kors Selma satchel. I'm not sure if I want the speedy b in the 25 or 30. I'm about 5'5 and 135 pounds. Here's a pic of me with the speedy 30.

This thread is so helpful for me as I'm also considering a 25 vs 30 - I would probably end up primarily doing crossbody. Could the 25 fit an iPad mini? I usually carry some cosmetics (powder, concealer, 2-3 lip glosses. etc.), a wallet (sometimes a Zippy, but mostly a more compact one from Kate Spade or Tory Burch), sunglasses, iPhone, car and house keys, small case for my metrocard, small hairbrush, and sometimes my iPad mini - would the 25 fit all of this?

This thread is so helpful for me as I'm also considering a 25 vs 30 - I would probably end up primarily doing crossbody. Could the 25 fit an iPad mini? I usually carry some cosmetics (powder, concealer, 2-3 lip glosses. etc.), a wallet (sometimes a Zippy, but mostly a more compact one from Kate Spade or Tory Burch), sunglasses, iPhone, car and house keys, small case for my metrocard, small hairbrush, and sometimes my iPad mini - would the 25 fit all of this?
I think it can fit an iPad mini

Reactions: Mandamanda
I think I might be going for the 25

Reactions: carrie_monroe
Easily!

I carry the iPad mini in my Speedy and it fits inside even when I use the Neverfull pouch as an iPad mini case. It fits both vertically and on the bottom. In fact, the Neverfull Pouch also works great as a base shaper for Speedy 25. All of your items should fit just fine.

Here is a layout of what's inside my Speedy: Longchamp Toiletry Pouch, A5 sized agenda, Clemence wallet, Neverfull Pouch (with iPad mini inside), Ray Ban Sunglasses, Pochette Accessoires NM (with my cles pochette and some small items). I've checked and my iPhone 6 and it also fits inside the Speedy compartment, but I took it out to make the pictures.
1169a1a2baeb206b1048e39e8cf4abe4.jpg

Here it is with everything inside. Everything is in lines, so looking for something is very easy, as everything stays exactly in it's place. To get Agenda and Neverfull Pouch in and out I have to angle it. With iPad mini with slimmer case, it's easier to maneuver.
30898757a6c18d2db75ade4def2f08bf.jpg

Here is what the bag looks like with all of those items inside. Not bulky at all, with some room still to spare.
fba7d2d9660219d4d17b2ae6be75a08c.jpg

Normally I never carry my Agenda in that bag though, but instead carry a cardigan and/or a scarf.
Hope that helps! You can always check some youtube videos to get visual help for how much it holds - because I couldn't believe how much it holds before I've purchased it either!

I had the speedy b 25 and while it's a great bag that small opening drove me crazy!!! I ended up getting a turenne pm and love it. Still have a speedy on my mind but I'd look at a 30 as the small opening and having to angle things to get in and out of it on the 25 made me nuts!!!

Reactions: Mandamanda