Speedy B 30 or Alma PM?

joanabanana

Jan 6, 2013
Hello, if you will choose between Speedy B 30 and Alma PM, what would you choose? The price is almost the same. I love both, but the thing is we can see the Speedy B everywhere and there are so much fakes out there; but this bag is so chic and versatile, you can use it day or night; Alma is also a nice bag, vintage and classic and i rarely see this bag from others. What do you think should be my 3rd LV? I have NF MM in DE now and Eva Clutch in DE as well. I am starting to build my DE collections. ;) thanks!

Get the Speedy B. You obviously love it! Don't worry about the fakes on the street - the fakes will always fall apart and look shabby, and anyone fashion-savvy will spot the real-deal. Get what makes *you* completely happy!

crumpy said:
Personally, I like epi leather or vernis for Almas. So for this one, I would choose the Speedy B.

+ 1
If it were an epi alma, that would be my vote.

The bottom on the mono alma scares me.

Get the Speedy B. You obviously love it! Don't worry about the fakes on the street - the fakes will always fall apart and look shabby, and anyone fashion-savvy will spot the real-deal. Get what makes *you* completely happy!

Could not agree with you more! The purchase of an LV has nothing to do with other people...it's a complete and utter luxury FOR YOU. The fakes never really look like a real LV...especially to those that have one and know. I have a speedy B 25 and for me it's a positive if people think it's a fake. Those that know me KNOW that it's real...and those that do not...perhaps it's better that they're kept in the dark. This keeps my addiction to LV personal... lol :graucho:

I vote Alma!!

I recently bought my first mono Alma in the PM and don't know why I didn't do it sooner. It's a gorgeous bag. The new one has feet so no worries about the bottom. And I had my clochette heat-stamped. I think the alma is much higher quality than the speedy b. I don't like the thinness of the canvas and the mismatched hardware would drive me crazy. I'm also not fond of how the speedy b looks worn. It is like a saggy pouch against the body. Kind of ungainly IMO. I prefer shoulders cross body bag to be flat against my hip. No need to add width there even though I'm tiny. I also much prefer the classic speedy anyway.

The alma is classic quintessential LV, beautifully made, and is actually one bag that looks better with Patina. It is still one bag that is beautifully made.

I would get a different knock around bag, and buy the beautiful alma while there are still some LVs made with impeccable quality. I honestly feel the speedy b is being churned out on a mass scale and I just don't feel the quality is up to par on that one. I don't know what they were thinking that they can't even make the hardware the same color. I don't think there is really any comparison between the bags. There are lots of knock around bags that are made with more attention to quality and detail. The alma is gorgeous. Large expanses of gorgeous leather, beautifully made, classic LV. What more could you ask for? If I'm going to spend that much, I want beautiful quality.

Remember too, the alma has rings specifically for using the optional shoulder strap you can get. It looks cute with the strap haninging or you can keep it in the bag and if your arm gets tired while shopping, voila! A shoulder bag! The Alma is just simply beautiful. I'm just not willing to spend that amount of money on a bag where they have skimped on attention to detail and quality like the speedy b.

Last edited:
Reactions: celine666666
I vote alma! I recently bought my first mono alma in the PM snd don't know why I didn't do it sooner. It's a gorgeous bag. The new one has feet so no worries about the bottom. And I had my clochette heat-stamped. I think the alma is much higher quality than the speedy b. I don't like the thinness of the canvas and the mismatched hardware would drive me crazy. I'm also not fond of how the speedy b looks worn. It is like a saggy pouch against the body. Kind of ungainly IMO. I prefer shoulders cross body bag to be flat against my hip. No need to add width there even though I'm tiny. I also much prefer the classic speedy anyway.

The alma is classic quintessential LV, beautifully made, and is actually one bag that looks better with Patina. It is still one bag that is beautifully made.

I would get a different knock around bag, and buy the beautiful alma while there are still some LVs made with impeccable quality. I honestly feel the speedy b is being churned out on a mass scale and I just don't feel the quality is up to par on that one. I don't know what they were thinking that they can't even make the hardware the same color. I don't think there is really any comparison between the bags. There are lots of knock around bags that are made with more attention to quality and detail. The alma is gorgeous. Large expanses of gorgeous leather, beautifully made, classic LV. What more could you ask for? If I'm going to spend that much, I want beautiful quality.

Thank you so much for your inputs. I think you're right, that with regards the quality, alma is better than speedy. But there are still so much things to consider between the two. Btw, how about the alma in de pattern? What do you think? Because i would like to collect some from DE line. Thanks again. :smile:

Thank you so much for your inputs. I think you're right, that with regards the quality, alma is better than speedy. But there are still so much things to consider between the two. Btw, how about the alma in de pattern? What do you think? Because i would like to collect some from DE line. Thanks again. :smile:

I also have the Alma in DE! It's a gorgeous bag!! My 27 year old daughter borrowed mine and I'm having a devil of a time getting it back and am actually considering buying another. It's beautifully made and no worries about rain or weather with the DE. You can't go wrong. It's beautiful!

Reactions: celine666666
I also have the Alma in DE! It's a gorgeous bag!! My 27 year old daughter borrowed mine and I'm having a devil of a time getting it back and am actually considering buying another. It's beautifully made and no worries about rain or weather with the DE. You can't go wrong. It's beautiful!

Thank you so much! But now i'm confused. Really. Hahahaha! But thank you for your suggestions and sharing your experience. I appreciate it a lot. :smile:

If I had to choose between my Alma's, I would probably pick the mono simply because it's so utterly gorgeous with patina. But the DE is VERY close. I'll never sell either of them if that helps any.

They are both iconic pieces, I have both. They the rather different in style and storage capacity. You will needa weigh which matters to you more. IMHO, alma is more formal, around 50%smaller storage capacity, more structured. Speedy is more smart casual, double the capacity and it is not structured.

Here's a pict on both side by side I saw online. Maybe it can be a reference.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 5,805