Speedy B 30 or Alma PM?

Personally, I like epi leather or vernis for Almas. So for this one, I would choose the Speedy B.

speedy b..

i think lots of fake speedys but not so many speedy b..

I am not the Speedy B fan (I really prefer the original, classic Speedy) so my vote goes for the Alma. Good luck deciding!

Get the Speedy B. You obviously love it! Don't worry about the fakes on the street - the fakes will always fall apart and look shabby, and anyone fashion-savvy will spot the real-deal. Get what makes *you* completely happy!

speedy b!

+ 1
If it were an epi alma, that would be my vote.

The bottom on the mono alma scares me.

Alma please!

If I had to choose between my Alma's, I would probably pick the mono simply because it's so utterly gorgeous with patina. But the DE is VERY close. I'll never sell either of them if that helps any.

Thank you so much for all your answers. :smile:

They are both iconic pieces, I have both. They the rather different in style and storage capacity. You will needa weigh which matters to you more. IMHO, alma is more formal, around 50%smaller storage capacity, more structured. Speedy is more smart casual, double the capacity and it is not structured.

Here's a pict on both side by side I saw online. Maybe it can be a reference.

Wow thank you so much for your opinion and providing pictures for me. I appreciate it a lot. I think i need more time to decide. I'm still confused. Lol! Will let you know once i made up my mind. Thanks!

Hello, if you will choose between Speedy B 30 and Alma PM, what would you choose? The price is almost the same. I love both, but the thing is we can see the Speedy B everywhere and there are so much fakes out there; but this bag is so chic and versatile, you can use it day or night; Alma is also a nice bag, vintage and classic and i rarely see this bag from others. What do you think should be my 3rd LV? I have NF MM in DE now and Eva Clutch in DE as well. I am starting to build my DE collections. ;) thanks!

If you are worrying a lot about fakes, you should perhaps forget both bags. The fake business doesn't spare models. I stopped buying LV for a few years, because I was too tired of seeing fakes everywhere. :shame:

From your options, I would go with speedy B 30. :smile:

Speedy B is going to give you more options for carrying...I would not worry about fakes, like karmallory said, eventually the fake will fall apart. You know you are carrying an authentic one so that is all that matters. If you were to get an alma, i'd go for vernis.....I had a mono alma and the vachetta looks really bad now, granted I did not take care of it but I would never buy another one...I have an amarante alma BB and love it!

Speedy B is going to give you more options for carrying...I would not worry about fakes, like karmallory said, eventually the fake will fall apart. You know you are carrying an authentic one so that is all that matters. If you were to get an alma, i'd go for vernis.....I had a mono alma and the vachetta looks really bad now, granted I did not take care of it but I would never buy another one...I have an amarante alma BB and love it!

Thank you so much for your input. Oh, that's one of the reasons why i am hesitant getting the mono and prefer more of DE. My hands are sweaty and i don't want to ruin the vachettas of mono bags. Though i like the print and the vintage look of it. But anyway, i'm still thinking which one to get. It's 50/50 still. Lols!

Charleston-Mom (tried emaling you and not sure it went through just now so this may be a repeat). You obviously know what you are talking about so please tell me what you know about the SpeedyB quality issues. I just bought it in Maui and returned it the next day when I realized that one of the side straps had wrinkling. When I went back both of the other 2 they had did the same thing and OF COURSE the SA said it's normal. The other sizes (in Mono) didn't have this issue. I'm going to check the Vegas stores here this week to see if that was just a bad lot but please tell me what you know. I want this bag because my husband likes it on me and picked it out and I don't own a speedy and since I'm a shoulder strap girl think it's finally time. Please advise. I also agree the Alma is gorgous in Epi and Vernis and may put that on my list but I need another Mono bag, I carry my Totally MM constantly. Thank you. (P.S. I'm worried about quality issues in general now that my husbands new graphite wallet is so thin it's picking up number imprintations from his credit cards. This doesn't fare well with justifying LV purchases and how we are paying for quality. Good grief)

I vote Alma!!

I recently bought my first mono Alma in the PM and don't know why I didn't do it sooner. It's a gorgeous bag. The new one has feet so no worries about the bottom. And I had my clochette heat-stamped. I think the alma is much higher quality than the speedy b. I don't like the thinness of the canvas and the mismatched hardware would drive me crazy. I'm also not fond of how the speedy b looks worn. It is like a saggy pouch against the body. Kind of ungainly IMO. I prefer shoulders cross body bag to be flat against my hip. No need to add width there even though I'm tiny. I also much prefer the classic speedy anyway.

The alma is classic quintessential LV, beautifully made, and is actually one bag that looks better with Patina. It is still one bag that is beautifully made.

I would get a different knock around bag, and buy the beautiful alma while there are still some LVs made with impeccable quality. I honestly feel the speedy b is being churned out on a mass scale and I just don't feel the quality is up to par on that one. I don't know what they were thinking that they can't even make the hardware the same color. I don't think there is really any comparison between the bags. There are lots of knock around bags that are made with more attention to quality and detail. The alma is gorgeous. Large expanses of gorgeous leather, beautifully made, classic LV. What more could you ask for? If I'm going to spend that much, I want beautiful quality.

Remember too, the alma has rings specifically for using the optional shoulder strap you can get. It looks cute with the strap haninging or you can keep it in the bag and if your arm gets tired while shopping, voila! A shoulder bag! The Alma is just simply beautiful. I'm just not willing to spend that amount of money on a bag where they have skimped on attention to detail and quality like the speedy b.

I too prefer the Alma in Epi or Vernis so I would choose the Speedy B for DE. Also, depending on what you're using it for, the Speedy B is more practical for everyday needs compared to the Alma because of its size and structure.