Speedy B 25 VS 30

MS.DIAZ

O.G.
Jul 28, 2008
Hi I am about to purchase a new bag and I decided on the speedy B DE. My issue now is the 25 VS 30. I am 5'4 140 pounds. I tried them both on and the SA immediately said everyone gets the 30 and the 25 is just too small. And everyone complains about how small the zipper opening is. The 25 is cuter and I mainly wear my bags cross body. I live in Toronto and the 25 is 1680 and the 30 is 1700. The price isn't the deciding factor, but everyone keeps telling me to go for the 30 because I am young and I can grow with the bag(Ex. when you have kids diapers and a change of clothes can fit) versus the 25. Right now the only things I carry in my bags are medium size wallet,8 oz hand lotion,cell phone,keys,bottle water and maybe a snack. My question to all of you who are more experienced.. do i go for the bag I can grow with or looks better cross body? And if you were me what would you get.

Thank you and sorry for making this so long

It sounds like you like the 25 better. Go for it! I have 2, a DE and a mono. I always thought I would go for the 30 too but I liked the option of cross body and on me the 30 looks too big. The opening doesn't bother me at all. It will easily hold everything you mentioned. It's actually amazing what fits in the 25. When you have kids you'll probably want a different bag anyway. Maybe a Neverfull? Why plan for later when you'll enjoy the 25 now? [emoji4]

I´d go with the 25. I regret getting the 30 because it´s too big for me. The SA also recommended the 30 to me because I am 5´6 tall and the 25 looked a bit small on me, but this should not be the only argument. The 25 would have been much better for me as I don´t carry around so much stuff. The 30 is almost empty whenever I use it :sad: .

Reactions: TXLVlove
I bought the speedy B 30 in DE and although I love it, I wish I would have got the 25. I also have 2 young kids and I don't think the speedy is good as a diaper bag. I carry about the same amount as you, and the 30 is way too big.

The only issue I had with the 25 was the small opening but it's just not as big of an opening and not a deal breaker. If you love the 25 then go for it! :heart:

I'm 5'6 and I think 25 looks great as a crossbody and 30 looks better on the crook of the arm (although 25 doesn't look ridiculous that way either). I went with 25 because I wanted a crossbody bag and 30 look gigantic on me. The 25 fits A LOT - I would have never believed it fitted so much if I hadn't watched youtube videos about it. I've never had problems with small opening. I don't think you should get a 30 just because you might like it later - if that will be the case you can buy another one in a couple of years or go for a different bag entirely. I think 25 is the best crossbody bag ever!

Reactions: TXLVlove and Kmora
Too many people have settled for the size 30 because of the small difference in price. I would not get swayed by this and go with what you want. I have both the 30 and the 25 and LOVE the 25. Yes, the opening is a slightly smaller, but it still holds so so much stuff! I use my strap as a shoulder bag, not as a crossbody and looks and feels great. Many times I have put the 30 up close to my body to see what it would look like cross body and it is huge, not my style. Anyways, my point is not to be swayed because of the $20 price difference and regret it later. GL deciding.