Speedy 40

I like my 40 because it fits nicely on my lap in the car. However, I think the strap of the Keepall is definitely worth it. Also, the Keepall 45 has those two straps of leather running down the side of the bag, giving the bag extra support, so you can carry more weight. I have two Keepall 45s and a Speedy 40. I use the Keepalls way more. I am selling the Speedy 40 to a friend. You could check out the Speedy B!

I like my 40 because it fits nicely on my lap in the car. However, I think the strap of the Keepall is definitely worth it. Also, the Keepall 45 has those two straps of leather running down the side of the bag, giving the bag extra support, so you can carry more weight. I have two Keepall 45s and a Speedy 40. I use the Keepalls way more. I am selling the Speedy 40 to a friend. You could check out the Speedy B!

I like the keepall 45 but it's too big for my needs and I really don't want to buy a new one or pay extra for the strap. I'm fine carrying it handheld but I'm just mentally thinking it'll all work out. I want to find a good speedy 40 :/ your friend is lucky.

It does not come in DE? Sucky!! I think that would look better on a man than mono....or ooooh, what about a graphite?? Sweeeet. LV needs to realize that men are carrying these bags, and by limiting prints, they are not reaching 50% of the population with some bags.

Related issue....I love watching the "What's in my bag" videos, & there are some fabulous ones done by guys. My favorite was this guy who had a beautiful creamy silvery BBag, and he had the neatest stuff! I was wondering, "Why would I be interested in what a guy has in his bag? " but seriously, if you like those videos, do not skip the guys! :graucho:

I think I've watched all the 'what's in my bag' videos by guys on all of YouTube! :lol: I am a guy, though. LOL.

I don't know why they haven't offered the Speedy 40 in Ebene or Azur yet. I know it used to be available in Epi many years ago, but at the moment it only comes in Monogram. :tdown:

What do you think about a male carrying a speedy 40? I like the size of the keepall 45 but I can't justify paying the extra $400 or so dollars for the extra 5cm. The speedy 40 I'm looking at is in excellent pre loved condition, almost new for $380 and maybe the bid could end at $450 but even that is a steal.

I think it would be fine but it's BIG! I'm a guy and I carry the Speedy 35, which is still a decent sized bag. I'm 5' 9" and weigh about 184lbs, so I'm not small and the 35 is just about right.

When I went to LV store to look at them the SA showed me the 40 and it looked like an overnight bag.

I guess if you're looking for a bigger bag to tote around clothes and stuff then maybe the 40 would be good, but for an everyday bag I think 35 is better. :biggrin:

I think it would be fine but it's BIG! I'm a guy and I carry the Speedy 35, which is still a decent sized bag. I'm 5' 9" and weigh about 184lbs, so I'm not small and the 35 is just about right.

When I went to LV store to look at them the SA showed me the 40 and it looked like an overnight bag.

I guess if you're looking for a bigger bag to tote around clothes and stuff then maybe the 40 would be good, but for an everyday bag I think 35 is better. :biggrin:

Really?! Well damn, that changes a lot! I've only seen the speedy 40 once in person and I'm going out on a whim here. Do you have modeling pictures with yours?!

Really?! Well damn, that changes a lot! I've only seen the speedy 40 once in person and I'm going out on a whim here. Do you have modeling pictures with yours?!

I don't have any modeling pics, right now, I'm at work :P

If you can get to a LV store to see the 40 that would give you a better idea.

I'll try and take some pics tonight, though.

Here you go, thisonce. Excuse my messy room and my clothes :shame:

As you can see, the Speedy 35 is just about right for me. It's just a tad too big even.

BTW, I have a purse organizer inside of it because there's only 1 open pocket -- which is at the very top (and the rest is just open space) inside the Speedy, so no interior zip pockets.

Also, I removed part of the Bandouliere so that I can wear it on my shoulder because it looked strange wearing crossbody.

Attachments

• LV_01.JPG
    LV_01.JPG
    555.9 KB · Views: 129
  • LV_02.jpg
    LV_02.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 135
  • LV_03.JPG
    LV_03.JPG
    305.4 KB · Views: 144
What do you think about a male carrying a speedy 40? I like the size of the keepall 45 but I can't justify paying the extra $400 or so dollars for the extra 5cm. The speedy 40 I'm looking at is in excellent pre loved condition, almost new for $380 and maybe the bid could end at $450 but even that is a steal.

Speedy 40 definitely you can rock that bag!! I am 5'11.5' (just wanna grow that extra half inch, but my body says no... :@) but I rock the Speedy 40.. Just beware that if you have big bones, but still slim, the short handles really restrict you to hand or wrist carry only.. Have you considered the Speedy Bandouliere? That gives it a cross body option and also like a saggy satchel bag!!

I see no problem with a man carrying the 40. I thought the 40 was huge though. A 35 for everyday is plenty of room. Go to a store and play with them. That's the best way to get a feel for what size your are comfortable with.