Speedy 40 as a travel bag - yay or nay?

expatwife

O.G.
Mar 4, 2012
I was wondering if anyone has good things to say about this size?
My cousin is selling one, the price is good. Now I'm not sure if I need. For everyday - definitely not, I prefer small shoulder bags. Does anyone use it as a travel/duffel bag?
How does it compare to Longchamps duffel, the one with short handles?
Thanks a lot!

I have the 35 speedy and I use it for weekend-get-away tips, 2-3 days. I should also mention that I am a light packer. But when I go away on longer trips I use my keepall 55'. Should you buy the 40? Well what do you intend to use it for? Are you a light packer? If not, save up and buy yourself the keepall :smile:

Without the strap it can get really heavy when it is filled. I have tried it with a speedy 35 back when there was no speedy b and it was hard carrying it around the airport when it is full. It will be a lot heavier with a 40 if it is packed!

i don't have the speedy 40 but i don't see speedy as a travel bag. maybe yes for going and from the airport so i can put sweaters or jackets but daily travel will be a hassle to carry an arm bag
i prefer bags i can wear on the shoulder or cross body and in smaller decent size
and for duffle bag it is too small for me too.

I use the Speedy B 40 as a carry-on bag when I travel, and as an overnight bag, as well. It's the absolute perfect travel bag. I never use it as a handbag, but that's probably because it's been designated for travel, and I love my leather handbags.

The regular Speedy 40 without the strap would be very inconvenient, I think. But the Speedy B is perfect.

I hope this helps!

Reactions: lovemealouis