SPEEDY 35 or SPEEDY B 35

TheAnaVega

Jul 12, 2012
HELP!!!! So I've been bitten by the Louis Vuitton Bug! :happydance:

I am new to tpf & recently got my very first LV MONO NF GM from my lovely fiance :smile: as my anniversary gift (4 years!) and now ALL i do is think, dream, and search and look at LV! Im sure you ALL can relate!

I've always wanted a Speedy! Ive always been a shoulder bag kinda girl, so one would think the SPEEDY B would be PERFECT! But Ive been debating in my head whether or not I should get the regular SPEEDY or the SPEEDY B with the strap.

I have a fabulous grey bag that my fiance gave me a couple years ago that was my go to bag, same shape as the speedy except it had reptile skin. Fab bag, and it had the strap too but I always used the top handles.

So i guess I just have two questions:

1. SPEEDY B OWNERS: Do you guys find yourself NOT using the shoulder strap, and got the bag just to have the OPTION of having a shoulder strap?

2. SPEEDY OWNERS: Do you guys find yourself wishing your bag had a shoulder strap? Would you use it MORE IF IT HAD a shoulder strap?

Lets discuss? Thanks in advance!

Also, thanks everyone for being so warm me as a newbie here on the site! Everyones been so great & insightful! Love it! :love:

nayspurses

O.G.
May 31, 2010
I have a speedy 35 and I just got a speedy b 30. I love the shoulder strap it makes it so much more carefree and easy. I love the options and you can always choose to take off the strap and use it handheld. I wish my 35 had a strap too especially when running around and doing errands which is why i now completely gravitate towards my speedy b.

Lilylovelv

Mar 13, 2012
I have the Speedy 30 DE. Love her!!! I would be lying if I said there was never a time that a strap wouldn't have come in handy but for the most part I love that it is the classic speedy style. I've even thought about selling it to get the Speedy B but when I look at the pics, I have to be honest I'm not that crazy about it? I think it's great to have if your clothes shopping. That was the time when it pretty much got in the way. It was horrible but grabbing a bunch of clothes, throwing them on the same arm that your bag is on, it git a little heavy. Other than that it's great bag! And I'm definitely NOT selling her to get the Speedy B.

Lilylovelv

Mar 13, 2012
Lilylovelv said:
I have the Speedy 30 DE. Love her!!! I would be lying if I said there was never a time that a strap wouldn't have come in handy but for the most part I love that it is the classic speedy style. I've even thought about selling it to get the Speedy B but when I look at the pics, I have to be honest I'm not that crazy about it? I think it's great to have if your clothes shopping. That was the time when it pretty much got in the way. It was horrible but grabbing a bunch of clothes, throwing them on the same arm that your bag is on, it git a little heavy. Other than that it's great bag! And I'm definitely NOT selling her to get the Speedy B.

Oooops! Wasn't horrible...

Piggies

Mar 2, 2012
I have the Speedy B because I can't commit to always handcarrying... it'd be a nightmare for me. I'm always on the go and having my hands free is a must. I was considering buying a hand-carried bag for a short while because there's a number of styles that I think are so adorable. But after trying to handcarry a bag for a few days, I wanted to shoot myself. The only time I hand carry my Speedy B are short distances- like from my kitchen counter to my car or from my car to my desk at work.
And actually, I was formerly a shoulder bag kinda girl, but after having a crossbody bag, I totally prefer crossbody.

LadyEnoki

Mar 28, 2012
Get the speedy b. just take off the strap. It's there if you decide you need it and it's already built to handle being carried like that (side attachments for the support). It'll be more annoying to decide later and you have to shell out 200 for the strap and then attach it to the handles area. That's how it was done with the originals. It might rub on the leather handles and give you ugly marks and it might sag in an unpleasant way.

Im happy the speedy b was out when I first even discovered it :P I saw weird photos online of people hacking the speedy to attach a strap to it. If anything you can keep the vachetta handles cleaner by using the strap :smile:

TheAnaVega

Jul 12, 2012
Lilylovelv said:
Oooops! Wasn't horrible...

Lol! Im thinking of getting the mono so im scared of the vachetta leather getting super dirty on the handles if i just get the regular speedy!

I work at a dealership and things are constantly getting dirty! Regardless, whether i get the speedy b or not my bag will be in danger but i guess its something to think about too!

TheAnaVega

Jul 12, 2012
LadyEnoki said:
Get the speedy b. just take off the strap. It's there if you decide you need it and it's already built to handle being carried like that (side attachments for the support). It'll be more annoying to decide later and you have to shell out 200 for the strap and then attach it to the handles area. That's how it was done with the originals. It might rub on the leather handles and give you ugly marks and it might sag in an unpleasant way.

Im happy the speedy b was out when I first even discovered it :P I saw weird photos online of people hacking the speedy to attach a strap to it. If anything you can keep the vachetta handles cleaner by using the strap :smile:

True! I work at a dealership and sometimes i have to run out of the office in a hurry and ill look at my hands and theyve somehow managed to get dirty!!! Theres a lot of room for mishaps!

LadyEnoki

Mar 28, 2012
TheAnaVega said:
True! I work at a dealership and sometimes i have to run out of the office in a hurry and ill look at my hands and theyve somehow managed to get dirty!!! Theres a lot of room for mishaps!

Yes you will have to be conscious of always having clean hands. And I love the strap because I was traveling with it. You need your hands free to take photos and not be weighed down by a heavy bag. And not be forced to put it down somewhere. It's too high maintenance.

Lilylovelv

Mar 13, 2012
TheAnaVega said:
Lol! Im thinking of getting the mono so im scared of the vachetta leather getting super dirty on the handles if i just get the regular speedy!

I work at a dealership and things are constantly getting dirty! Regardless, whether i get the speedy b or not my bag will be in danger but i guess its something to think about too!

Treat the vachetta. I just got the Galliera in mono. I had the same fear!!! I treated it and so far so good. I can't speak for looooong term because I've only had it for 3 weeks now. But now my fear of getting vachetta is gone. My bag has patina a little but no dirt or ding. I did get caught in a shower and not a drop of rain left behind.

TheAnaVega

Jul 12, 2012
Lilylovelv said:
Treat the vachetta. I just got the Galliera in mono. I had the same fear!!! I treated it and so far so good. I can't speak for looooong term because I've only had it for 3 weeks now. But now my fear of getting vachetta is gone. My bag has patina a little but no dirt or ding. I did get caught in a shower and not a drop of rain left behind.

I treated my NF and so far so good but because my workplace gets dirty ive had to clean it 2 in the 2 weeks ive had it. So either way its gonna happen for me!

I got the vachetta kit from lovin my bags. My bag has started to patina as well but i carry her in the sun quite a bit!

TheAnaVega

Jul 12, 2012
LadyEnoki said:
Yes you will have to be conscious of always having clean hands. And I love the strap because I was traveling with it. You need your hands free to take photos and not be weighed down by a heavy bag. And not be forced to put it down somewhere. It's too high maintenance.

Definitely! Valid points! I want to enjoy my bag and get the most use out of it regardless of what situation im in! I really appreciate your input!

Sep 20, 2008
Years ago I carred my mono Speedy 25 with a strap (even though it is not made to be
carried that way) and I did this for 10 years!

Now I have a Speedy 30 and hand carry her.

I think if I were considering buying another Speedy, I'd get the one with the strap.
As others have said, you can always choose to remove the strap.

The only thing I do not care for is the double zipper on the Speedy B.
Wonder why they did that......it is annoying to me.