Speedy 35 or Galliera PM - Help!!

smooches4me

Feb 19, 2008
Hi Everyone!

I hope you can help me. I just bought a Speedy 35 last week, though I really wanted the Galliera. My shopping friend and LV fiend said to get the Speedy, that everyone should have it since it's a practical everyday bag. The SA showed me the Galliera PM, but it was on hold for a customer. I used the Speedy once, but I'm not in love with it. I like it and I'm sure as I use it more, I'll like it more. I should note that I have the Tivoli GM that I was using everyday. I love the pockets since I hate fishing for my cell phone and other items I use daily.

Long story short, the SA called and has the Galliera PM on hold for me! Ugghhh! It's Memorial weekend and I work retail. I can pay for it over the phone and return the Speedy next week.

My question is, is the Galliera too much like the Tivoli? When I compared them side by side I didn't think so, but then again, I'm more of a shoulder bag person.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Do I keep the Speedy and wait for the Galliera again?

Ok, so the long story short ended up being long. Sorry!!;)

Honestly, if it's there waiting for you and if you can afford it - pay for it over the phone and then go there next week with your Speedy. That way you can 1) either return the Speedy right there and pick up the Galliera 2) decide you want them both and walk out with both or 3) decide that the Galliera is not for you and leave with your trusty Speedy.....ooorrrr 4) go to the store with your Speedy, see something else you like and either exchange it with the funds you used to pay for the Galliera with or return the Speedy and get your money back on that......

Capeesh? :graucho::heart:

Hi Everyone!

I hope you can help me. I just bought a Speedy 35 last week, though I really wanted the Galliera. My shopping friend and LV fiend said to get the Speedy, that everyone should have it since it's a practical everyday bag. The SA showed me the Galliera PM, but it was on hold for a customer. I used the Speedy once, but I'm not in love with it. I like it and I'm sure as I use it more, I'll like it more. I should note that I have the Tivoli GM that I was using everyday. I love the pockets since I hate fishing for my cell phone and other items I use daily.

Long story short, the SA called and has the Galliera PM on hold for me! Ugghhh! It's Memorial weekend and I work retail. I can pay for it over the phone and return the Speedy next week.

My question is, is the Galliera too much like the Tivoli? When I compared them side by side I didn't think so, but then again, I'm more of a shoulder bag person.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Do I keep the Speedy and wait for the Galliera again?

Ok, so the long story short ended up being long. Sorry!!;)

sorry....you have to go through this!

i have Galliera and this is one of my fav LV bags!!! i can't stop using her since i got her~! i think you should consider....

but you can NOT return the bag you already used....even just once, looks like you're keeping your speedy....:yes:

i have Galliera and this is one of my fav LV bags!!! i can't stop using her since i got her~! i think you should consider....

but you can NOT return the bag you already used....even just once, looks like you're keeping your speedy....:yes:

When I say I used it once, it was to the nail salon and back. It then went into its dust bag. I can make it to the store if I leave now. My DH thinks I'm nuts, but I'm so torn!!

And let me stress this...the SA said to try the Speedy out around the house to see if it would grow on me. I just don't love it and I really want to. Now, the Galliera...that's love!

Sorry but I must agree with Sophie618 ...
using it once is USED
(not sure how you consider going to the nail salon not using the bag and I'm quite sure that's not what your SA meant by trying it out at home)

It can not be returned, nor should you try.

I truly don't mean this as a personal attack nor am I trying to be cruel in anyway however I'd hate for you to be embarrassed at the LV boutique for them to tell you this. And even if they didn't catch it and allowed you to return it, they might put it back out for sale and that's not fair to the next person who might purchase the bag.

Last edited:
I agree with Southpaw. If you have already used it you need to keep it. Anyways, you'll have two that you can alternate between. It will make the Galliera stay new even longer.

ITA, it's not fair for the next person to buy that bag and get a used one even if it's just once. You wouldn't want to buy the Galliera if it was used even just to the nail salon and back, would you? I wouldn't ~ for the amount that we pay for LV's ~ it should be brand-spanking new!

I just bought the galleria PM last week and its okay. I'm more of a zipper girl so I'm adjusting to the snap but love the shape of it. I have the tivoli PM and don't think it looks at all like the speedy's. Its a different shape. I understand how you feel with your decisions though I just bought the speedy 35 today and I don't know if I want to keep it. I would get the galleria in addition to the speedy!! Good luck!

Take the speedy back to the store and exchange it for the Galliera. If it is in the same condition as when you purchased it then there should be no problem. A return policy exists and it's for you and the store to work it out.