Speedy 35 or 40 in Epi?

mattking2000

High school H addict
O.G.
Jul 7, 2008
Hello!

I usually hang out in the H forum, but I recently tried on the 45 epi keepall in the boutique and am seriously considering purchasing it. However, it's a tad big for my liking, so I was wondering if it was possible to obtain a 35 or 40 speedy in epi? I did a search and understand that they were discontinued some time in the 90's or even earlier, but would it be possible to special order it? Would the pricing be orders of magnitude more expensive than currently available models?

TIA! =)

^^ Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give them a call as I'm over an hour away from them.

I've tried the 30 epi in-store (although it wasn't the colour I wanted), but I think I'd still like something bigger? Something just doesn't seem to sit right with the 30 for me. I tried the 40 in damier and it's in the ballpark of what I want.

Hi I have the 30 in black and it is a huge bag I am only short and my family think this bag looks like luggage on me and i tend to agree with them I hardly ever carry this bag and tend to carry my other speedies in size 30.

I own a Speedy 40 in both Epi and monogram. There isn't much of a size difference if any at all between the two. As for special order I doubt that's possible. I think lv has stopped that for for the time being. However vintage ones on eBay are great! Are you sure you tried a 40 in Damier? I thought the largest Damier was a 35.

Thanks louislover260. I'm not sure if it's a 40, but that's what the SA told me when I tried it on, so I kind of just took her word for it.

It's also a personal preference, but I prefer new bags, not new-to-me bags :smile:

As far as I know the Epi and Mono bags are the same size now in the Speedy's, it's only the Vintage ones that are bigger.

Unless they make SO's available again looks like the only option is the 45 if you want brand new.