Speedy 35 Mono or Azur??

I am about 2 inches taller than you and got the Speedy 35 in Damier Ebene. It's a gorgeous bag and I thought that for $25 more, I would get more of a handbag for less. Well, I found it a little awkward and didn't carry it much since the beginning--much to the disappointment of my BF who got it for me. :sad:

I had a shoulder strap special ordered for it so now I will wait for warmer weather to take her out again.

During the Christmas holidays, I purchased a Monogram Speedy 30 and fell in love with it right away. It is much lighter and fits comfortably on the crook of my arm. I also had a matching vachetta shoulder strap that I use when it gets tiring to lug it on my arm.

I would highly recommend the Speedy 30 in Monogram for you, but if you are really determined about getting the Speedy 35, then I hope you will be happy
with your purchase. IMHO, I find the Speedy 30 looks much better for my
height and probably yours too. :tup:

thanks so much! That is exactly what I needed to hear. I was thinking the same thing about getting more for less

I prefer the Mono because it's all year round.
Then if you don't mind having a bag for Spring/Summer time only go for
the Azur!!

thanks so much! That is exactly what I needed to hear. I was thinking the same thing about getting more for less

:thinking: I had a funny feeling you were thinking along those same lines. I decided using that guideline when I purchased my first LV--the Damier GM Neverfull. In that case, it was the best decision I ever made because the NF cinches in and folds flat up against the body and is pretty darned light even in the GM size. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I carried that same way of thinking when I decided on the Speedy 35. For a handheld box-shaped bag, bigger equates to bulkier and more cumbersome to carry. Oh well. :shrugs: I might as well enjoy it as much as I can, but probably only in the summer when I am not being also weighed down by my winter gear.

I hope you will be happy with that decision. Go to a boutique and check it out first. Also, consider a personalized matching vachetta luggage tag too.

Last edited:
:thinking: I had a funny feeling you were thinking along those same lines. I decided using that guideline when I purchased my first LV--the Damier GM Neverfull. In that case, it was the best decision I ever made because the NF cinches in and folds flat up against the body and is pretty darned light even in the GM size. :biggrin:

Unfortunately, I carried that same way of thinking when I decided on the Speedy 35. For a handheld box-shaped bag, bigger equates to bulkier and more cumbersome to carry. Oh well. :shrugs: I might as well enjoy it as much as I can, but probably only in the summer when I am not being also weighed down by my winter gear.

I hope you will be happy with that decision. Go to a boutique and check it out first. Also, consider a personalized matching vachetta luggage tag too.

I think I'm just going to have to wait a little longer until I can make it to a boutique. (I live 2 1/2 hrs from one :crybaby: )but I think that will give my more satisfaction and ease that I am making the right decision in size and style.
Thanks to all who have taken their time to express their opinions