So which canvas...

• Classic monogram

• Damier Azur

• Damier Ebene

• I don't like any.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Louis_Lady

Nov 28, 2010
After much deliberation, I've decided I am going to invest in a LV sppedy 35 as my first and probably last designer bag. I did a blogpost on this beauty here...http://vintage-and-vampires.blogspot.com/2010/11/louis-vuitton-speedy-35-but-which-style.html.

My only dilemma is which canvas to get; Ebene, Azur or the classic monogram?
Each is so beautiful it's really hard to choose! I first wanted the monogram but I think they are so copied these days I don't want everyone to think it's off the market. The Azur is so pretty and light, but I'm thinking that the Ebene is for me, I love the dark handles, and the way it looks like it'll go with almost any outfit. I'm not sure I like the tan colour the handles go as they age so this is also another reason.

So what are your faves from the speedy collections? If you have any pics on your blog i'd love to see.
Are they hardwearing the bags? Anything you recommend to clean/take care of them? I'm especially needing links for places to buy bag organiser inserts

Hi I have both the ebene and azur speedy bags in the 30 size and as much as I really like the ebene there is just something about the azur print that I love more this bag looks beautiful with the natural leather trim and I always find myself admiring this bag more than the ebene yes its true the ebene print is easy to care for the azur is nicer I think anyway you really can't go wrong with either bag so good luck deciding.

I read parts of your blog and your ruminations on which speedy to get. You really seem like someone who appreciates things with a bit of gravitas - considering you love of vintage items. I'd heartily recommend you get a mono and not worry about the vachetta. You will treasure your bag more and more each year as it ages along with you. You will read a ton here about how to care for vachetta: how to dodge raindrops, etc. But my experience is that it really isn't as sensitive as I had thought it was. My first LV bag was a Watercolor Speedy 35(the white one). My first time out with the bag, it rained. I sweat bullets until I got home and discovered that everything was just fine - totally perfect. That experience convinced me that my LV will wear like iron and I should chill out.

The Damier pattern is gorgeous too, but I think if you want ONE iconic bag, a mono speedy should be your first choice. I think, too, that if that's what you've been dreaming of , you should make your dream come true.:biggrin:

I selected the Damier Ebene print because the dark checkered looks better, IMHO, for the larger sized Speedy 35. It just tightens the look whereas the Mono 35 just looks huge. I own the Speedy 35 in Damier Ebene and own the Monogram in 30. I like the two in different sizes. It's a great bag and you don't have to worry about the darkening vachetta if that bothers you. In the future, you could consider getting the Azur.

I think the ebene is a lot more masculine than azur. I've never been a fan of ebene but I know lots of tpfers love it.

I voted for mono by the way but i LOVE azur (just not in the winter)

30 Speedy Mono i have;)

Speedys looks like beautiful in all typ - azur, mono, ebene:heart:
they are all faked. this is a problem, but you have to listen to your feelings, then they buy mono like me;)...first, and later you can buy another in azur or ebene:P

The best cleaner/conditioner for Vachetta trim on Monogram pieces is AppleGard from LeatherStuff.com. The cleaner will darken the leather significantly. The conditioner will darken the leather somewhat, as well as softening it.

For the Damier Ebene pieces, you just need the conditioner.

Hope you enjoy your purchase, whichever canvas you choose.

LoVickstein444