Speedy 35? 40? for a petite girl

iHAVEsprinkoz

Apr 10, 2007
Hi! I registered for tpf way back in april, but I totally never posted. I recently rediscovered my account on here during finals week (great timing..i know :tup:).

So I own a mono Speedy 25 and a Damier Speedy 30. I prefer using the 30, but lately I've been eyeing the larger monograms speedy 35 and 40. I mean I love the look, but I'm afraid that it'll look ridiculously big on me. People already comment on how large the 30 looks on me, but I love large purses.

My question is..

Do you guys think a speedy 35 or 40 would be too overwhelming for my small frame (I'm 5'4" 95 pounds)?

If not, which do you prefer?

Wow, you're slim ... I mean, I'm 5'0" and 100lbs and everyone tells me what a tiny little thing I am! :cutesy: I agree with Gucci Lover, a 40 would be huge on you. The 35 will still look like a big bag without overwhelming you.

Will you be selling the 25 or 30 if you got the 35 or 40? I'm asking b/c if you go with the 35 its almost the same (well slightly larger) than the 30 so what advantage would that have? However, the 40 does seem to be a bit too overwhelming for your petite frame. I'm also 5'4" (but definitely not as light as you on the scale) and when I carried the 30, I felt it was just right. I had tried the 35 and felt/saw the sag in the speedy..that doesn't do much to help/enhance my figure...its the overall look when I carry the purse that I'm after.

With that said, if you can rock it in the 35 or 40, go for it.

Will you be selling the 25 or 30 if you got the 35 or 40? I'm asking b/c if you go with the 35 its almost the same (well slightly larger) than the 30 so what advantage would that have? However, the 40 does seem to be a bit too overwhelming for your petite frame. I'm also 5'4" (but definitely not as light as you on the scale) and when I carried the 30, I felt it was just right. I had tried the 35 and felt/saw the sag in the speedy..that doesn't do much to help/enhance my figure...its the overall look when I carry the purse that I'm after.

With that said, if you can rock it in the 35 or 40, go for it.

no I will be keeping my 25 and 30 because they were both presents from people I love.:heart:

I was thinking maybe I could rock a funky look with the 35..frye boots..leggings...and a long tunic..with big hair =]:sweatdrop:

I wouldn't do anything bigger than a 30 for your size - just too big. I'm 5'2 and have both a 25 and a 30. I think I would look really silly with anything bigger.

Ditto! 5'2" here and I have a 25 and a 30 and I too think it would look silly...like you were hauling around luggage! Sorry! Perhaps if you were 120# it wouldn't look overwhelming. I can't even imagine 95# and 5'4"...I am 5'2" and 110# and I am small! Oh, and i should add when I carry my 30 my DH thinks it looks like a carryon piece of luggage!:lol: