Speedy 30 Question

abdoutots

O.G.
Apr 27, 2008
Hi Ladies! I apologize if this has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it in my search. Over the weekend I bought a speedy 30 in monogram at the LV boutique. I am in love! However, upon closer inspection, I noticed that the leather tag on the side says "Louis Vuitton Paris" but doesn't say "made in U.S". I know it's made in the U.S. because it has the cloth tag inside. Is this something that's missing in the newer speedies? Is it because it's made in the U.S.?

All bags made in the US have the cloth tag instead of the stamped leather "made in". Bags made in France and Sapin do not have the cloth tag and still have stamped leather "made in". If you do a search on cloth tag threads and you will find plenty as there was much discussion a couple of years ago when this change came along. Enjoy your new Speedy! :smile:

Yeah- they don't specify location on the outside. Probably because they don't want it to be a deterrent. If its on the inside we are more likely to deal with??? Just a thought.

All bags made in the US have the cloth tag instead of the stamped leather "made in". Bags made in France and Sapin do not have the cloth tag and still have stamped leather "made in". If you do a search on cloth tag threads and you will find plenty as there was much discussion a couple of years ago when this change came along. Enjoy your new Speedy! :smile:
Thanks so much for your help!

He knows I can be kinda picky at times, but I think I'll just let it be. I was just worried that the tag was defective or something. But I'm glad it's normal. Can't wait for this crummy weather to go away so I can take her out :smile:

You definitely have to be happy with the bag. Because it's such a popular bag it's going to be hard finding a MIF Speedy...if you like the bag, I'd keep it and enjoy carrying it...congrats!

He knows I can be kinda picky at times, but I think I'll just let it be. I was just worried that the tag was defective or something. But I'm glad it's normal. Can't wait for this crummy weather to go away so I can take her out :smile:
Congrats on the new addition! I'm surprised it didn't come up in your search, there a TONS of threads on the cloth tag/MIUSA bags.

Glad you decided to keep her, it would be very difficult to find a MIF speedy new. They are like a needle in a haystack now.