Speedy 30 pocket question.

Konicek007

LoVe & Mulberry
O.G.
Apr 2, 2012
Hi Everyone!
I just bought a Speedy 30 in Mono - its from 2007.
I used to own a vintage 80's Speedy before but never noticed this:
Is that outside of the bag where is the inside pocket is attached looking a creased or sort of like creased!?
I mean the top part along the zip- where the pocket is attached.
To me it looks a bit odd- my old Speedy did not have it or perhaps I did not noticed. But this is the first thing I noticed today when my new Speedy arrived.
The bag is authentic- was authenticated here.
Thank you.

It is a natural thing because of the layers that are being sewed in that spot. The craftsperson is stitching over an extra piece of leather (including the fabric pocket and zipper fabric) in that spot. The stitch is stitched on perfectly and not crooked, actually.

If you look right under the pocket, there are two leather tabs. One interior tab could be minutely thicker than the other tab.

These interior tabs are never strictly uniform... one of the interior tabs on my Speedy looks really puny and wrinkled LOL

It is a natural thing because of the layers that are being sewed in that spot. The craftsperson is stitching over an extra piece of leather (including the fabric pocket and zipper fabric) in that spot. The stitch is stitched on perfectly and not crooked, actually.

If you look right under the pocket, there are two leather tabs. One interior tab could be minutely thicker than the other tab.

These interior tabs are never strictly uniform... one of the interior tabs on my Speedy looks really puny and wrinkled LOL

Thank you. Yes I googled some pics and saw it on other Speedy's too.
But I never noticed it on my old 80's Speedy and I had 30 and 25 and never noticed it- perhaps they made them slightly different as I know that I would notice it - but they were both smooth.
Would you post here a pic of your Speedy so I can compare and see please..:smile:

Thank you. Yes I googled some pics and saw it on other Speedy's too.

But I never noticed it on my old 80's Speedy and I had 30 and 25 and never noticed it- perhaps they made them slightly different as I know that I would notice it - but they were both smooth.

Would you post here a pic of your Speedy so I can compare and see please..:smile:

Totally normal

I have a few and most of the Older ones are like that. Looks great though!

Glad to help. These pics are all from the same Speedy. My Speedy 35 was produced in December 2007.

The canvas is now thinner than the ones from the 1980s; any raised surface will be even more noticeable!

Attachments

• LV stitching over pocket.jpg
    LV stitching over pocket.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 215
Glad to help. These pics are all from the same Speedy. My Speedy 35 was produced in December 2007.

The canvas is now thinner than the ones from the 1980s; any raised surface will be even more noticeable!

Thanks a lot. Yeah exactly the same.
I agree that the canvas was much thicker in older days- as I said my old Speedys had not have this as I would definitely noticed it. Also I read somewhere that generally the materials used were more sturdier on older LV bags.
Anyway I am now happier knowing that this is normal - as when I first saw that yesterday was really worried that my bag is faulty.
Thank you very much again.:smile::smile:����