Speedy 30: Monogram or Damier? Help..!

Kimf79

Aug 4, 2009
Ok, I posted this topic last week, but I am still not sure. I was thinking last week Speedy 30 Damier pattern, then literally went to the LV store with my boyfriend and he thought the Speedy 30 Monogram looked better on me - so we took a walk around Beverly Hills to think and he pointed out how most women had the LV monogram Speedy 30 which kind of influenced me to think that was better - So I went back to the LV store to buy the Monogram Speedy 30, and they were out - only the display was left. So we did not buy - Good thing, I was not really sure.

Please let me know opinions/ what you think! Thanks...

Monogram hands down!!!! Damier is nice but it is definitely not in the same league as the Monogram as far as looks are concerned in my opinion....Damier could not touch the "hotness" of the Monogram with a 10 foot pole!!!!!!! You just can't compare the two kwim?

i have this debate in my head all the time, but mono is very classic especially with the speedy. damier is also lovely, but i would get the damier if you want something that's less maintenance.

I want less maintenance and I dont want to worry about the handles turning too dark & I think the damier looks very classy, but I am just wondering if I am missing out on the essence of LV by not getting the monogram? My boyfriend compared it to getting some nice Nike item without the Nike Swoosh. Ok, thats guys for you..........lol.

I want less maintenance and I dont want to worry about the handles turning too dark & I think the damier looks very classy, but I am just wondering if I am missing out on the essence of LV by not getting the monogram? My boyfriend compared it to getting some nice Nike item without the Nike Swoosh. Ok, thats guys for you..........lol.
Kim...I am sorry...but I agree with your BF...but you already know what you are looking for and Damier is very low maintenance.

Hey Div4life! Thanks for the input, I will keep you all posted on the final purchase...

If I can ask another question, with the vachetta how long does it take before it starts getting too dark??

Definitely monogram. I have one and I worship it. It compliments any outfit and it is quite sophisticated. A must-have classical piece.

I agree! :tup:

But at the same time, maybe when you go to the boutique, you should take a look at both of them and see which one you can see yourself getting more use out of...