Speedy 30 (maybe Speedy B) vs Turenne PM for first boutique purchase

Which one should be my first LV???

• Speedy 30

• Speedy B 30

• Turenne PM

Results are only viewable after voting.

nerual13

Sep 2, 2014
Hey y'all, so I think today is the day for my very first LV purchase!! I am deciding between Turenne PM and Speedy B 30.

Here is the catch...I live in Santa Clara CA and the ONLY store that has a Turenne PM available is in San Fran. And they only do 48 hour holds. SO I'm going to have to go to the city tonight (they also close at 7pm, grrr) just to even look at the bag.

I've not gotten to try on the Turenne PM yet and I know I like the look of a Speedy 30 and how it looks when holding. I saw some mod shots of the Turenne PM and its super cute, just not sure if it works for ME.

As a first purchase and knowing the price increase is coming, I'd love to hear some thoughts and opinions from all y'all here who have been at this MUCH longer than I have!!!

Also, srsly debating just getting a Turenne PM AND a Speedy 30 and calling it a night, but that would be VERY excessive! That one is a long shot but stranger things have happened!

I'm mega obsessed with my new Speedy B 30 DE. I've not had a bag with a strap since my twenties ( thirties now ). I love the way I can change the look. It looks so casual with jeans and sandals and t shirt. But, add a charm and take off the strap and you have a very dressed up speedy for going out. I just can't beat the value of having a casual and dressy bag, crossbody and wrist/hand carry in one bag :smile:

I also can't believe how much it can carry! I feel calmer when I open it and see everything I could possibly need. Ipad, iphone, purse, medications, perfume, water, food, tissues, mineral face mist, sunscreen, spare shoes, warm top, sunnies. I feel like I can tackle anything in this bag. I've never been so happy with a bag :yahoo:

Have you watched some whats in my bag/review videos on youtube? I found that helped me to decide which bag I want.

Good luck :flowers:

Goodness gracious that bag holds a lot! I like that idea, that's one of my concerns on Speedy vs Turenne. Plus, lets face it, Speedy will save me some money as I'm more likely to buy the regular not the B.

I wish someone had a photo of Turenne PM side by side with Speedy 30 so that I could get the visual without having to go all the way to the City :P

With all my other LV bags I'm careful getting into my car (only 2years old) so I don't hurt the bag. With the Speedy B30 I'm worried about hurting the car! :giggles:

It's a very durable bag for sure.

The turenne 's handles are a little longer than the speedy handles makes it easier to carry. The speedy 30 will hold more than the Turenne pm. I have the speedy 30 and the Turenne mm and they hold about the same. I two liked the Turenne from pictures and as soon as I saw it in person I feel in love. I went in for the pm but left with the mm. Its my favorite bag in my collection. It worth the drive to the store to try them both on and put your stuff in both bags. Go with the one that makes your heart sing.

Goodness gracious that bag holds a lot! I like that idea, that's one of my concerns on Speedy vs Turenne. Plus, lets face it, Speedy will save me some money as I'm more likely to buy the regular not the B.

I wish someone had a photo of Turenne PM side by side with Speedy 30 so that I could get the visual without having to go all the way to the City :P

The Speedy B30 and the Turenne PM are the only LV bags I own and I love them both. I actually posted pics of them side by side in this thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/reveal-turenne-pm-882704.html

I am glad that I do not have to choose between them. They are both great bags. What would you be using it for? If you are intending to carry it by hand most of the time and have a strap for back up only then I would recommend the Speedy or Speedy B because it is iconic and the design has stood the test of time. If you are intending to wear it crossbody then I would definitely recommend the Turenne. It looks SO much better when worn with the strap IMO than the Speedy does due to the way it tapers at the top.

All that being said, if I were to only have the choice of one of the two I would buy the Turenne. It feels like it is made of better materials. The canvas is nice and thick and all the hardware is matching. It also looks good regardless of how it is carried/worn. If you're anything like me, though, you will probably buy one and think of the other until you have that one as well :smile:. Good luck deciding!

I like the Speedy B 30 better if you plan to use it mostly hand held, but the Turenne better if you want something more for cross body. It's a hard choice. I love all Speedys, they are so classic, but I have not put my Turenne PM away since I got it. Suffice it to say, both bags are great. Have fun deciding!

The side by side is super helpful! So the Turenne PM is much smaller than I think! I suspect I'd be happy with a speedy for size and slouch. I might go look at Turenne MM tonight, but I thought it looked too big when I glanced at it last week. And I did really like the look of Speedy 30.

Another thought. Everything I carry fits perfectly in a Totally PM, and I note that Turenne PM has smaller measurements. Does her different shape counter that I wonder?

Also having trouble getting over the price tag on the first one :P I suspect I'll get over that quick once I have it :P

Last edited:
The Speedy B30 and the Turenne PM are the only LV bags I own and I love them both. I actually posted pics of them side by side in this thread.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton/reveal-turenne-pm-882704.html

I am glad that I do not have to choose between them. They are both great bags. What would you be using it for? If you are intending to carry it by hand most of the time and have a strap for back up only then I would recommend the Speedy or Speedy B because it is iconic and the design has stood the test of time. If you are intending to wear it crossbody then I would definitely recommend the Turenne. It looks SO much better when worn with the strap IMO than the Speedy does due to the way it tapers at the top.

All that being said, if I were to only have the choice of one of the two I would buy the Turenne. It feels like it is made of better materials. The canvas is nice and thick and all the hardware is matching. It also looks good regardless of how it is carried/worn. If you're anything like me, though, you will probably buy one and think of the other until you have that one as well :smile:. Good luck deciding!

How do you like the Speedy B? I'm torn on Speedy vs Speedy B due to the cost difference if I go that route, but the Speedy B also has nicer hardware and won't have the curl-up issue for side leather tabs (cause it doesn't have them!).

I still really love both bags, but looking at your side by side of them, I'm wondering if the Turenne will end up not holding enough for me when I need to carry a few extra things. I love to use a purse as my only carry-on when I fly cross country and I don't think the Turenne PM would also fit my computer charger, headphones, etc.

Damn, this is a hard decision!!! Am I crazy for putting so much crazy thought into this?

No way, I take weeks to decide sometimes. I think you're making a strong point for the Speedy B saying you fly a lot just with your purse.

You would have everything you could need in the one place. Comfy on your lap. If you are really active and travel a lot you might find the squishiness and slouch more comfortable.

The other bag looks a bit awkward to have on your lap. I'm not sure, I don't have that bag.

I usually take a keepall plus a big functional old LV bucket bag for holding stuff and a pretty bag to go shopping when I get there. Now I feel like I only need keepall and Speedy B. Will be much easier travelling for me :smile: