Speedy 30 in rain/snow?

lilian

Jan 3, 2006
I’m considering investing in a Mono Speedy 30. If I do end up getting it, it would pretty much be my everyday bag that I use for school. The only problem is that I go to school in a city that experiences a ridiculous amount of rain/snow for about 4-5 months of the year. I’ve heard (and read all over this forum) that Speedys are very durable and can suffer through a lot without any major damage, but I wanted to get a second opinion as to whether or not you ladies think it can withstand all this.

I think the general opinion around here is that you should avoid the rain or snow with the monogram canvas.:smile: I'm scared to use my speedy if there are clouds in the sky!

yellow_gummybear said:
Lilian, I see you are from Toronto. I am from Vancouver and it is just as bad here ! heehee

I actually go to school in Kingston, which is right on water like Vancouver. Toronto rain is a drizzle compared to the monsoons in Kingston, so I definately feel your pain :smile:.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll still get it, but only use it for the summer months/be extremely carefull.