Speedy 30 in rain/snow?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I’m considering investing in a Mono Speedy 30. If I do end up getting it, it would pretty much be my everyday bag that I use for school. The only problem is that I go to school in a city that experiences a ridiculous amount of rain/snow for about 4-5 months of the year. I’ve heard (and read all over this forum) that Speedys are very durable and can suffer through a lot without any major damage, but I wanted to get a second opinion as to whether or not you ladies think it can withstand all this.

2. I think the general opinion around here is that you should avoid the rain or snow with the monogram canvas.:smile: I'm scared to use my speedy if there are clouds in the sky!

3. i agree. i don't think you want to get brand new vachetta wet.

4. ^^ Ditto, even after spraying my Speedy with Shining Monkey....I wouldn't carry it if it was raining or snowing.

5. Lilian, I see you are from Toronto. I am from Vancouver and it is just as bad here ! heehee

6. BTW, does anyone know if Epis are ok in rain?

7. I actually go to school in Kingston, which is right on water like Vancouver. Toronto rain is a drizzle compared to the monsoons in Kingston, so I definately feel your pain :smile:.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I think I'll still get it, but only use it for the summer months/be extremely carefull.

8. Maybe you should wait and get a damier speedy? Seems like a good choice for you.

9. Yes ! :amuse:

10. I agree, the mono Speedy are not good to use in the rain or snow. The vachettas can get easily wet.

11. if you dont like the patina then go for a damier.

12. thanks Ayla, I was just wondering about that today, too.

13. Hi there. I would suggest the Damier Speedy. I have a 30 and it's been great..no worries about rain, dirt...it's a fantastic bag!

14. Agreed. I use my epi even when it rains and no problem at all.:biggrin:

15. I get possessive with my Speedy and any other leathers... Something more sturdy, like Epi or Damier might be better.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice