speedy 30: how to clean handles

alicia11

Jul 14, 2014
Hey guys,

Im just wondering how to get this grim off the LV handles! I have apple leather cleaner, but that dosent seem to be getting the dirt off. I can almost scratch it off, any ideas as to how to get it off would be amazing!

If its very dirty, you can use a mr. clean magic eraser (buy it at the store in the cleaning section) to clean the leather. This is not something you want to use on a regular basis though, because it is harsh on the leather. If you do use one, cut it into smaller cubes - one sponge into 6 cubes) and only wet it slightly, then gently clean the leather. After it dries, moisturize the leather really good. If you search for it, there are a lot of threads about using the magic eraser to clean the leather, I think there is even a few with photos of before and after.

If you find the leather getting dirty a lot, try getting travel size packages of alcohol free baby wipes to keep in your bag. That can help keep the leather clean in between cleaning with leather cleaner/conditioner. Again, just try not to over do it and dry the leather out.

Hope that helps:smile:

so these are the handles, you can tell its like a grime or something... I'm not sure what... has anyone else had this and had luck getting it off to remove it to the nice red vachetta?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.8 KB · Views: 413
so these are the handles, you can tell its like a grime or something... I'm not sure what... has anyone else had this and had luck getting it off to remove it to the nice red vachetta?

imo it looks patined a lot, rather than dirty. Its in good condition, personally I wouldn't clean it anymore - I think you had a thread where you've already strip a layer of something from the previous owner(?). You did a good job stripping it. I think that's what the previous owner was trying to hide, the dark patina, so if you accept that shade, job done! : )