Speedy 30 classic or bandouliere? (Monogram)

Acctt

TheFashionAct
Nov 21, 2015
Hello LV lovers!

The speedy in monogram has been my dream bag since I was a teenager but because of the vachetta and me being scared to damage it I never bought it

I have decided to finally get it, but I am not sure if I should go for the classic one, or the one with the strap. I am 5'2, 50 kg and already have a speedyb25 in damier ebene

I love the classic style but I am not really a top handle person, so I know that if I get without the bandouleire it will be used less, but this is the style I love the most
However having the strap option can come very handy but that also means paying more and I recently got the other speedy

If you have both what do you think about them?
(If you have photos can you please post them?)

Thanks [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]

I'm not really a top handle person either and I just bought a speedy 25, thinking about buying a strap for it because I know I'll get more use out of the bag :smile: you should totally get the bandouleire! :biggrin:

Hello LV lovers!

The speedy in monogram has been my dream bag since I was a teenager but because of the vachetta and me being scared to damage it I never bought it

I have decided to finally get it, but I am not sure if I should go for the classic one, or the one with the strap. I am 5'2, 50 kg and already have a speedyb25 in damier ebene

I love the classic style but I am not really a top handle person, so I know that if I get without the bandouleire it will be used less, but this is the style I love the most
However having the strap option can come very handy but that also means paying more and I recently got the other speedy

If you have both what do you think about them?
(If you have photos can you please post them?)

Thanks [emoji8][emoji8][emoji8]
I love top handles ! This is how I carry my bags 95% of the time . However , I do own a speedy b 30 in DE . The reason I picked the b version over the classic was mainly to have the strap option when i needed to be hands free . As far as the monogram speedy b goes . I actually really love the vachetta going down the sides . To me it adds a bit more character to the bag . I also like the lock placement better . But in the end , its really up to you . You have to love which ever one you decide on . GL :smile:

I have both a Classic Speedy 30 and Speedy B 25. First one I bought was the Classic. I ended up buying a strap to clip on the handles and use that strap at least half the time I'm carrying it. So next Speedy I got was the B.

i'd go with speedy b because it is so beautiful and at the same time so convenient. at first, when they introduced the speedy b, i was hesitant. i resisted those vertical strips of leather on the sides. now i feel differently. when i see a speedy b i see the beauty of the original speedy with added detail ( the leather strips) and amazing function. it really is a great bag.

I'd go for the speedy b for versatility. Ask the SA to give you a spare dustbag for the strap so it protects the vachetta. Otherwise, you could go with the classic speedy 30 and buy the non adjustable vachetta strap (the name escapes me). Just make sure you the bag isn't too heavy when using the strap as the chaps might tear away from the bag as the classic is not designed to be load bearing AND be sure to switch sides each use so that the wear is even on both sides. Hope that makes sense. :smile: