Speedy 30 Classic or bandouiler ?

Maddicken

Jan 27, 2019
Hi, I’m planning to extend my wardrobe for bags.. my interest are in speedy 30 classic or bandouiler... can’t decide which one.. live in a cold climate.. Sweden
My thoughts are if the handles are to small to have in the crook of my arm with a thicker jacket? Or is it just a bag for a warmer climate?
Have a nice day everyone

• Love
Reactions: RT1
Hi. I live in a cold climate too. Massachusetts. I have a couple speedy b 30s. Hate them. Never use. I’m 5’4” and they look very bulky and not flattering at all. They really look like a gym bag/little duffel bag..

I love the look of the classic speedy 30.

I find with snow and rain I prefer shoulder or crossbody. I use bloomsbury pm all the time over heavy coats. I am looking at the Odeon with black currently. Can’t decide

Reactions: LV521 and Maddicken
I agree with you. The speedy b comes right on the hips probably....
I’d looked on the Odeon wow such a lovely bag. Both with the black and natural leather. I have a LV delightful and I love it. But I need also one more to work. In the summer I use a Neverfull Damier azur but I think it’s not perfect for the autumn and winter..
don’t you use your speedy b as a classic? Remove the strap?
take care

Love my B30 and I always hand carry it and only use the long strap when I have to be hands free. Definitely convenient. It does look like a small Duffle when worn with the long strap but that doesn't bother me. Plus it's still cute using the handles. As far as the handles working on the arm with a coat, I don't know. Where I live the weather never calls for heavy coats.

Love my B30 and I always hand carry it and only use the long strap when I have to be hands free. Definitely convenient. It does look like a small Duffle when worn with the long strap but that doesn't bother me. Plus it's still cute using the handles. As far as the handles working on the arm with a coat, I don't know. Where I live the weather never calls for heavy coats.

I’ve had planned a visit for LV Store in the end of October so then I will try it on. Happy you for not living in a cold climate.
I wondering if it’s look strange to worn speedy b without a strap. The difference is the leather on the sides..

Reactions: HavPlenty
I just got a classic speedy 25 and bought a separate strap to attach to the handles when shoulder/crossbody carrying is necessary. I know people say not to do this now, but LV actually advised clients to do this for decades before speedy B was released in 2011. For smaller sizes (25 & 30) if you're just carrying normal stuff as opposed to bricks I don't think it will hurt the bag. And the new playing cards speedies (I think they're part of the new cruise collection that will be released soon) have straps that attach to the handles!

Speedy b looks like a gym bag to me, and the leather strips down the sides can get weird and wrinkly...

So, I vote classic speedy, and add a strap when you need it.

I just got a classic speedy 25 and bought a separate strap to attach to the handles when shoulder/crossbody carrying is necessary. I know people say not to do this now, but LV actually advised clients to do this for decades before speedy B was released in 2011. For smaller sizes (25 & 30) if you're just carrying normal stuff as opposed to bricks I don't think it will hurt the bag. And the new playing cards speedies (I think they're part of the new cruise collection that will be released soon) have straps that attach to the handles!

Speedy b looks like a gym bag to me, and the leather strips down the sides can get weird and wrinkly...

So, I vote classic speedy, and add a strap when you need it.
Thanks, I like the modell classic more and that is also because I have a plan to have some of the classic ones. Then my mind tells me to buy the b because it’s smarter to have a option.. but I don’t like the look of a gym bag.. other wise I have to look for another bag that fits in my bag closet.

Reactions: mocktail
Imo it depends if you like to hold your bag or have it as a crossbody. Personally I prefer crossbody bags so I went with the Bandouliere. I love the look of the classic speedy but being hands free outweighed that for me. Good luck deciding! :smile:
If you don't like the gym bag look too I'm sure when you go in store the SA might have a more suitable bag for you in mind.