Speedy 30 - better to buy new or older & pre-loved?

velvetchai

Dec 9, 2019
I remember reading somewhere about the decline in quality in certain designer bags, but can't remember which fashion house it was about.

I want to treat myself for a tough year with a speedy 30 in damier ebene, and wondering if I'm ok going new, or if it's a better idea to buy an older pre-loved bag. How's the quality with the new bags? Thanks!

The price-to-performance ratio of a new Speedy 30 in DE turns my stomach. Buy preloved. The difference between a 2008 Speedy 30 DE and a brand new one is imperceptible. I've had this exact bag for 13 years and it still looks brand new. You can't kill it. New Speedy bags don't seem to be causing much chest pain around the forum, but LV in general is kowtowing to historic levels of high demand, so QC has dropped proportionately.

• Love
Reactions: xray1you and 880
Preloved speedy prices are surprisingly high. I personally wouldn't buy preloved for such a small discount especially if something does come up, it's easier to get it serviced when you buy directly from the boutique. One thing to note the DE leather has changed recently so its matte instead of glossy so if you have a preference, that should be a consideration. Good luck!

Reactions: sweetlikechocolate