Speedy 30 before or after Neverfull MM?

fashionfun12

Apr 18, 2015
So I am undecided on what handbag to get first. I know that I want to purchase both of these bags eventually. The handbags I already have purchased from Louis Vuitton are Speedy 25 in Monogram and Eva Clutch Damier Ebene. In specific, the next 2 bags on my wishlist are the classic Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene and the Neverfull MM in Monogram.

I'm leaning towards purchasing the Damier Ebene Speedy first so I am able to have a worry-free bag for everyday use. It is winter time in my location with lots of snowfall, so damier ebene seems ideal. The speedy seems ideal for the snowy weather because of the zipper closure that the Neverfull doesn't come with.

My concern is should I get a second speedy before getting a Neverfull? As I mentioned, I would have 2 speedies and an eva clutch if I went with the damier ebene speedy 30 as my next purchase. Or, would it seem more ideal to purchase a Neverfull first, instead of the Speedy 30 to add some variety in style?

Please post your thoughts I would appreciate some help with deciding.

They are both great - so I understand your dilemma! A worry-free bag with a zip top like the DE Speedy 30 is a great go to winter bag when the weather is terrible! [emoji98][emoji300]️

I would get the speedy first. It doesn't matter that you already have a speedy in your collection. It seems like the DE speedy would see a lot more use in winter till spring. And when summer arrives you could look into the second purchase. If you get the neverfull first it seems like it wouldn't get much use until a while later due to the vachetta.

I would get the bag you will use first. It's not like your saying you can only get one, your deciding which to get first. So it being winter I would say get the speedy 30 DE . I think people worry about getting different styles (including myself before) but what actually matters is what works for you now in style and print.

My husband just bought me a Neverfull MM for Christmas. It's my first LV bag ever and I'm in love. With my lifestyle, it will get so much use. I'm always shuttling kids around and I like to carry my large wallet, a big water bottle, my kindle, phone, etc. I see myself using it all the time. That would be my first choice if I were you, especially since you already have a Speedy.

Both are great bags - but buy the one that you will get the most use out of now. To buy a mono when you will be scared to use it until summer is tough. I too live in a location with lots of rain and some snow therefore I must plan which bag I will use each day. Either choice is great - good luck!

I don't think it matters which one you get first, they are both fabulous.
If I "HAD" to choose, I'd get the speedy. It holds loads and has a zipper. Good luck choosing.

Would you consider a DE NF or Speedy B? I've used my NF in rain and snowy weather and because it sits under my arm, nothing inside gets wet. I also suggest Speedy B instead of classic Speedy because I think it's hard to juggle a handheld bag with an umbrella if it's raining.

I'd choose the DE Speedy first. It's the perfect bag for inclement weather ( for all weather really). i love my DE Speedy and reach for it often. It's a beautiful, timeless bag that you will have in your collection for all of those times the weather is questionable, for travel, it can be dressed up or down...Also, it's a purse vs a tote.