Speedy 30 bandouliere for petite person?

Apr 30, 2015
Hello everyone
After being back and forth on the next bag purchase and going twice to Louis Vuitton and trying on smaller bags I think that I really need to invest in something larger. I am a mum to three young boys (ages 6,4 and 2) and I am just a little fed up carrying a bag for me and a bag (diaper) for them! Also I am finding that we need less stuff when out and about as they are getting older. Therefore I am looking for something that can carry everything I need. I am a bit of a minimalist with what I carry and usually have just phone, small wallet, keys, glasses case and water bottle.

I have had the speedy b 25 in the past and the Bloomsbury but they are just too small to carry the boys things and mine without looking really overstuffed.

What are your thoughts on the speedy 30 cross body on someone who is just over 5ft 1inch? Size 10 UK (size 6 US) Or are there any other suggestions? I like the idea of it being cross body and hand held. Also as much as the neverfull looks great I am really not a tote/shoulder bag girl. I prefer hand held or cross body.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. any modelling shots would be great!

Do you have any pictures of you wearing the bag?

I've read lots of mind using the speedy 30. I use a totallymm for everything but I understand that's not your thing. The totally mm is also my travel bag.

The thing I didn't like about the 30 is it looks big on my frame. But the bag might look different on you.

this may be off topic.. as you are asking about the bag size against your frame, but a colleague of mine tried using her speedy30 bag as the bag to carry her essentials for her young kids (ages 2 and 3), she said it did not work out for her, zipper got in the way, etc.... She finally decided on getting a leather tote bag that came with a shoulder strap to wear crossbody instead and loves the style and functionality for her needs.

Do you have any pictures of you wearing the bag?

I've read lots of mind using the speedy 30. I use a totallymm for everything but I understand that's not your thing. The totally mm is also my travel bag.

The thing I didn't like about the 30 is it looks big on my frame. But the bag might look different on you.
Thanks for this. Unfortunately no I do not have pictures. I have never tried it as I always thought it would be too big. I really like the functionality of the totally. Do you have children? Just wondering how well it would stay on my shoulder when doing mummy things i.e. Pushing buggy, playing in the park etc?

this may be off topic.. as you are asking about the bag size against your frame, but a colleague of mine tried using her speedy30 bag as the bag to carry her essentials for her young kids (ages 2 and 3), she said it did not work out for her, zipper got in the way, etc.... She finally decided on getting a leather tote bag that came with a shoulder strap to wear crossbody instead and loves the style and functionality for her needs.
Thank you for letting me know... bit worried it may be fussy but can't think what would work better aaahh!

Hello! I've tried the 30 on before and it's a bit big, but I like it. I'm waiting for these two to arrive. My sister lives in France and she purchased these bags for me in the beginning of December, but she still hasn't come to visit me. In these pictures, the bags are empty, but maybe you get the idea. I'm 5'1 1/5" and around 110 pounds.

Attachments

• IMG_3085.JPG
    IMG_3085.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 2,796
  • IMG_3086.JPG
    IMG_3086.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 1,342
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 1,370
hi- I think it would look good! But I do like bigger bags. However, for the purpose of carrying things around for kids I would think maybe a neverfull with be better than a speedy B.

Hello! I've tried the 30 on before and it's a bit big, but I like it. I'm waiting for these two to arrive. My sister lives in France and she purchased these bags for me in the beginning of December, but she still hasn't come to visit me. In these pictures, the bags are empty, but maybe you get the idea. I'm 5'1 1/5" and around 110 pounds.
Thank you so much for these. We are exactly the same height although you are probably a little slimmer than me....gives me such a good idea on looks though! And all three canvases! Which two did you order from your sister? I know it is big but I quite like it too. I think I like the slouch when it is not full although I know many do not agree! Was it comfortable on? I find because I am small many bags hang way too low when crossbody. This was definitely true for the Bloomsbury.

hi- I think it would look good! But I do like bigger bags. However, for the purpose of carrying things around for kids I would think maybe a neverfull with be better than a speedy B.
Thank you! My husband agrees with you lol! He thinks the ideal is a neverfull and then a pochette with a long strap for my essentials. Is the neverfull comfortable... does it slip off when on the shoulder?

Reactions: MJDaisy
Thank you! My husband agrees with you lol! He thinks the ideal is a neverfull and then a pochette with a long strap for my essentials. Is the neverfull comfortable... does it slip off when on the shoulder?
i LOVE my neverfull, especially with the vachetta. I have all 3 prints (mono, DE, & DA). I think it is the ideal bag. It doesn't slip off the shoulder at all. I couldn't recommend it more!!!

Thank you so much for these. We are exactly the same height although you are probably a little slimmer than me....gives me such a good idea on looks though! And all three canvases! Which two did you order from your sister? I know it is big but I quite like it too. I think I like the slouch when it is not full although I know many do not agree! Was it comfortable on? I find because I am small many bags hang way too low when crossbody. This was definitely true for the Bloomsbury.
No problem! She bought me the ebene and the azur ones. The mono on the background of the pics is my 25 :smile:
I agree with you, I love a slouchy Speedy B. This is my favorite style from LV, it's super comfortable and classic. I had the Neverfull and sold it, but recently bought it again. It doesn't slip off my shoulder (and this is a constant issue for me), but the ebene straps might be a bit uncomfortable, especially when new, because of the treated leather.
Can you go to a store to try them on?

Hello! I'm 5 foot 1 (155cm) and the 30 is my fav Speedy size. I do however own a 35. I was terrified of the 35 looking like luggage on me but surprise, surprise - it actually does not!! So if the 35 more or less suits a 155cm short gal, you shouldn't be worried about the 30. If you like it, get it! :smile: As long as it feels & looks right to you, it's a good choice imo.

I think a SpeedyB 30 could work perfectly for what you need. Since you had the size 25 before, you know about its functionality already. I am around the same height and carry the same essentials as you do (minus kid stuff). I have these older mod shots for you, unfortunately I don't have photos of it crossbody, and I was a lot more "aware" of how it looked on me wearing it that way....kind of large but maybe with a bag organizer inside it would've been better...? I no longer own this one.

IMG_1490200326.372589.jpg