Speedy 30 advice ASAP!

poonski

handbag addict!!
O.G.
Aug 25, 2006
Should i get a brand new mono speedy 30 from elux or a gently used from ebay? If i get from ebay i would save myself a few hundred dollars for something else. What should i do? I am also eying a speedy on ebay which is about to end in an hour. Please help ASAP!! Thanks everyone.

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-Authentic-Louis-Vuitton-Monogram-Speedy-30-Handbag_W0QQitemZ120185910444QQihZ002QQcategoryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Click above link to ebay auction.
The bag looks fine, but i need more advice.
Thanks again.

I'm a fan of gently used bags....especially since I prefer the look of a patina'd bag over one with virgin vachetta. But I guess it's a personal preference. Some people don't like the thought of someone else have the bag before them, but as long as it's in good condition I don't mind. If it were me I'd go the gently used route but that's just my $.02.

I really wouldnt mind a gently used bag too, even if it is 2nd hand, as long as it is authentic and in very good condition.
Because somehow, I appreciate the pampering and care the previous owner shower on the bag, and 99% of the time, these sellers are very friendly and accomodating, unlike some rude SAs in the boutiques which put me off and dont make me feel worthy spending that much $$ for stuck-up service.
Moreover, when buying from a seller, you can save so much $$ which you can buy something else like say, a cles or accessory to doll up your new purchase. :tup:

Try finding an authentic one on ebay. There are speedy 30s there almost all the time. You can usually get a next to new bag for a good price. If that doesn't work out buy new, they're not very expensive anyway.

I just bought my mono speedy 30 brand new because of the good Canadian dollar (bought it in the US), however, I would say its not a big deal to save some money and buy slightly used. I would personally stick to a My Poupette Recommended Seller (there are many that have Speedy 30s almost all the time), although still post in the authenticity section just to be sure.

Good Advice! I will follow that one too! The best customer service that I have ever received was at Saks. SA at the boutique are so stuck up that even for someone with lots of personality, they are way too rude. Saving a couple of hundreds for the accesory is a good deal!!